Some more from my Orbx World ....

renault

I spend a fair number of hours just puttering around my Orbx world, tying new ideas for image rendering, clouds and stuff. It's called "experimentation", but my dear wife 

just calls it "wasting time". But she does concede that it keeps me off the streets and as long as I keep having fun, I guess I'm allowed to continue

Here's a few that I snuck by her. Ssh - no telling :o

Cheers

Renault

It's all XPlane - just straight off the "V" key ....

Opd6uhK.jpg

V5d1LfO.jpg

jXv4Ss9.jpg

e38u9Uk.jpg

QFHoMq2.jpg

f6TGiow.jpg

The only time in my entire life I have tried to fly a helicopter
It didn't end well:rolleyes:

pWXl2ti.jpg

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Man, I'd like to see the ending of your helo ride. :D  great job. :)

Thanks Adam

Trust me - No you wouldn't . :(:lol:

I never thought a heli could bounce about a dozen times and then just lie there quivering like a wounded duck:rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain

Cheers:)

Pete

8 hours ago, jean marc said:

excellent ! amazing light, sky and clouds ... mostly on the 2nd :)

Thank you JM

Sometimes things just come together:)

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed them

Cheers

Pete

8 hours ago, Taph said:

Grand set

Thanks Taph:)

Cheers

Pete

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice and realistic shots, the photoreal makes it pop.

Thanks Jack. 

The cool thing about simming is it can address so many different interests

And its a good career planning tool . I learned that even in my wildest dreams I never could become a helicopter pilot :rolleyes:

Cheers & all the best 

Pete

5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

XP looks great!!!!!!!!!!  Specially like that second shot!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John

It is a "fav" of mine as well :)

See you

Pete

3 hours ago, Dario said:

What a splendid collection of shots. Even with MSFS installed, I keep going back to XP11 for many reasons, the main one being I have so many planes, sceneries, addons etc that I love. 

Thanks Dario

Both of them now have pride of place in my "virtual hanger".

These were done with B17. I tried the latest RC candidate, but ran into the infamous "memory leak" issue . Laminar knows about it and commented that it will be fixed in the next candidate release.

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

I don’t see a “waste of time” at all in your shots, just a lot of great “experimentation” and it’s paying off! :D  Wimmin will never understand, its a man-child's thing!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Roger.

I am really pleased that you are back again and I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

I'm pretty sure my wife isn't "serious - serious" but whenever you get the comment "I'm seriously concerned about what you're doing with your time" 

I've learned that its time to put the hand into the job jar.  Worked out well and now she's happy again!

Cheers

Pete

19 hours ago, BradB said:

XP at it's finest !! .

Thank you John. I appreciate that very much:)

Of course everyone's concept of visual fidelity is different. It is very gratifying that folks enjoy the direction I have taken

I really like many aspects of XPlane and moving to the Vulkan API is a huge step forward in its development imho.

The color fidelity changes I have worked on along with my colleagues magic , I hope will become a package that Adam @Adam Banks , Olderndirt @olderndirt ,  and myself

can provide for everyone at Adam's website.

It's all done through a freeware package called Reshade. What I have strived for is to basically have  a shader set, that doesn't require many finicky individual adjustments. I have gotten very close to that now . In fact out of the 8 shaders, only one of them (vibrance) is user adjustable (for personal preference).  All the other shaders are "set once" or make adjustments automatically.

Of course , along the way there was the challenge to not impact simulation speed in any way, as not everyone  is able to use  the most up-to-date technology.  Whatever I do , I wanted it to be available for everyone , useable with what they have .

And just as a spoiler alert , Reshade has been part of the Nvidia driver set through Nvidia Freestyle  for over a year now so it is pretty mainstream technology. I though use the standalone version, as the Nvidia version does have some restrictions.

We perceive color through light . In fact there's an interesting saying in the gaming industry "If the lighting is right the colors will be right". So not only is there only one shader that is user adjustable, it is the only shader that has anything to do with colour adjustment. Everything else is related to lighting. 

Anyhow, sorry for the lengthy comment. I'm a bit of an overenthusiastic old guy when it comes to this aspect of  my sim hobby.:rolleyes:

Cheers & thanks again

Pete

18 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Great shots Pete, especially #2

And if you think helicopters are bad, try a jetpack or hoverboard!

I saw that. I think after seeing you in action I am content just to be an observer :)

Cheers & thanks!

Pete

Archived