Waterworks

Stillwater

After arriving in Iguazu (Argentinian side) the touristical tour is obvious.

ojkqL0h.jpg

Over the rainforest...

SS24Xvh.jpg

... to Iguazu Falls, the largest waterfalls in the world. Learning for today: In Guarani "y" means water, "uasu" means big. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls

7oiM1fI.jpg

Tu1vPEa.jpg

First we visit the town of Puerto Iguazu on the Argentinean side...

hpVCfPt.jpg

... then we continue to the meeting point of Iguazu river and Rio Parana. 

u5BsK3S.jpg

This point is called Tres frontieres, guess why. Our flight continues over Brazilean territory.

GfwSMiv.jpg

To the left of the "Friendship Bridge", in the west, there is Ciudad del Este, Paraguay.

4MvB8Sq.jpg

Just a short hop north we meet the Itaipu dam. I am not sure this freeware photoscenery came from. The dam is 196 metres (643 ft) high, equivalent to a 65-story building. It feeds 20 generators, with two of them producing the equivalent of one current nuclear power plant.

RcnxYs4.jpg

The third city around is Foz de Iguazu, Brazil. It also has an international airport, which I´ll use for the next flight...

tKwYOff.jpg

4 hours ago, Ian St said:

Really nice. I've had Orbx Sth America for some time and must explore it some more.

Thank you Ian. I did not use the OLC SA pack properly enough during my last virtual visits. If you go there, it might be useful to read my comment to Jack, below.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was a nice tour Gerold.  Some of that scenery is amazing, is it all Orbx stuff?

Thanks Jack. No, OLC SA does not offer as much detail as Africa. Unfortunately. This is causing manual additions, with https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html being a good source.

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post Gerold. thanks for the tour and info!!!!!!!!!!

You´re welcome, John.

1 hour ago, boetie said:

Wonderful tour Gerold. You make me jealous of how little time I have to fly lately.

Cheers

Graeme :)

No worries Graeme. I do not fly as much as I might like to, but there is enough to do in real life as well!

2 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful shots and great info. Gerold. However, we the Mules prefer a Distillery over Waterworks:P:D

I understand the Mules´ philosophy. Probably there is also a sufficient energy content in these liquids.

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Spectacular sightseeing, Gerold! Not long ago I saw a JustPlanes clip of a nice captain who flew there, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks Lars. I just saw the real falls in TV, and they are really impressive.

Archived