For Captain Lars ZPPP - ZUZH

carlosqr

Hi @Captain Lars

I found the flight I wanted to recommend you

Three important elements here

01.- Time was around 5:30 pm

02.- Orbx weather 4

03.- Mountainous terrain

1 & 2 added mystic to the environment and adrenaline as the terrain is very mountainous

I departed Kunming at 05:30 ( l like sunsets a lot) towards Panzhihua with not a single idea of how the airport looked like or where it was it exactly, or if I even could land my 777.  I simply like to fly vfr towards the airport and discover all, so the flight was always uncertain, I mean I was checking constantly the map how close I was and trying to spot the airport through those clouds. Very exciting! :lol: Destination unknown.

28y0r4c.jpg

The views on the way changed in color depending from the angle taken

lVoVaTv.png

3CSGFdD.jpg

nWtBq5L.jpg

Pictures can not express the sensation/feeling while flying in the area so I recommend that you have this pleasure and amaze yourself with the views, Despite we only have Global Base, trees, building and vector here, plus Orbx weather too,  I felt very pleased with the look and experience

pN6UQck.jpg

I like how the clouds cover the terrain and the villages showed through it and of course I was hoping weather was kind with me on arrival

U5pAnSG.jpg

So i realized I had to turn right here towards the bridge and phew! a clearer weather I said :)

eo2hEgq.jpg

But guess. The airport was on the right in that bank of clouds!

8hIUyo5.jpg

Do you see the red light on top of the mountain on your right. Bingo!

lLwJ2N8.png

I said, I must land it. So flew around to have an idea of how daring I was being :lol:

I chose this pictures as it shows the least of the airport (as it is prohibited) but you can see below the belly how high the airport was!

UA70YQ1.jpg

It was amazing to do this just by vfr and I landed, reached the end of the runway I though I would fall off the cliff but felt very satisfied with it all

Hope you can do it yourself as the sensation  a picture causes can't be compared to flying it.

Another awesome flight is  VQPR - ZULS - ZUNZ

Cheers

Carlos

Carlos, these shots look absolutely stunning. I'm amazed to see you flying in that place which is so seldomly shown.

Also I like that I inspired you to post this with my tour around China. :D After all you inspired me to do this tour, so it is a case of mutual inspiration. There are as many approaches to flight simming as there are flight simmers.

Today they confirmed MSFS's release date and which airports are included in which version and hopefully I can post "The Beautiful Country" one fine day.

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Sensational set of shots Carlos. :)

Thank you Adam

10 hours ago, musterpilot said:

Fantastic set of shots Carlos

John

Thanks a lot John

7 hours ago, wain71 said:

great flight, looked really good...

Hey Wein hi

Thanks glad you liked them

4 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Carlos, these shots look absolutely stunning. I'm amazed to see you flying in that place which is so seldomly shown.

Also I like that I inspired you to post this with my tour around China. :D After all you inspired me to do this tour, so it is a case of mutual inspiration. There are as many approaches to flight simming as there are flight simmers.

Today they confirmed MSFS's release date and which airports are included in which version and hopefully I can post "The Beautiful Country" one fine day.

Agreed my friend

I still have a lot of off the beaten track flights to post. It is good that we motivate each other to discover new horizons to make the flying more entertained by discovering new destinations

I saw the video about FS2020, can't wait to get the deluxe premium version B)

Cheers

Carlos

2 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Agreed my friend

I still have a lot of off the beaten track flights to post. It is good that we motivate each other to discover new horizons to make the flying more entertained by discovering new destinations

I saw the video about FS2020, can't wait to get the deluxe premium version B)

Cheers

Carlos

Deluxe for Cairo, Premium for the 787-10. In a nutshell. ;)

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nice flying adventure, Carlos. And the daytime compensates the low-developed scenery well...

Thank you Gerold

Agreed

This area for being so mountainous is very attractive to fly low and with this weather so it gives you a a mysterious ambience :)

43Ygn86.jpg

all the shots are really nice with a great ambiance, a beautiful light, low clouds or fog between hills,... many thanks for this trip Carlos :)

Yunnan is very interesting to visit, with old villages lost in the mountains and valleys, remote and kind population (the area is not too crowded and not too modern), rice fields and mountains, ... You can see buffles or donkeys in the culture fields, carrying people between villages,...and always wonderful temples and old wood houses,...

here are 3 shots in the spirit of your third one, at ground level B)

SKkV6P1.jpg

PsXRbKW.jpg

luEIhvV.jpg

and what you can find in the mountains :)

W9MMvHE.jpg

(pictures from last summer)

2 hours ago, jean marc said:

Yunnan is very interesting to visit, with old villages lost in the mountains and valleys, remote and kind population (the area is not too crowded and not too modern), rice fields and mountains, ... You can see buffles or donkeys in the culture fields, carrying people between villages,...and always wonderful temples and old wood houses,...

here are 3 shots in the spirit of your third one, at ground level B)

Thank you Jean Marc for sharing your photos with us. Actually Yunnan in the sim isn't so far away from reality, it seems.

3 hours ago, jean marc said:

all the shots are really nice with a great ambiance, a beautiful light, low clouds or fog between hills,... many thanks for this trip Carlos 

Merci Jean Marc

Very nice picture you shared

I've heard from people who had visited China that it never ends surprising you, so many incredible landscapes

Cheers

Carlos

Archived