TrueEarth OREGON by a land class lover

carlosqr

I have always said that I prefer land class because it transmits for me a certain "warmth" a dead photo image can't. Not sure if it is the reflection, the shadows, mesh or what. I can even say that you can see the level of detail and hard work the developer has put through it. It has something magical, colors look better and the sensation is that you really are there. 

I exclude Netherlands because this is the cherry of the cake of TE products and the whole country can't look better but for the UK I do believe land class looks better, it captivates more. The trees and autogen in TE seem to me a little smaller. I flew all along the division of TEGBS and England and the difference is remarkable.I sometimes even uncheck TEGBS to fly in Wales which is outstanding in land class items. Unfortunately London City look is very poor in England and thus I bought TEGBS just because of the look of London. We should have a London CityScene for the ones who dislike TE products.

This said I was very unwilling to try TE for the USA. What stressed me?

01.- I love how the USA Coast looks like, that I felt unwilling to risk its look and waste the money. I feared regretting it

02.- The amount of space required for each product

03.- The sad issue of not having seasons

04.- But loving how the cities looked like

So, as impossible it is not to take a look at some pictures posted here I ended up being very curious about the products but there is no way to know you'll like something unless you try it.

Having Oregon less airports and looking in the pictures  and videos so scenic I decided to give it a try.

I started to compare my sim against the video, and said, no way, it can't be the same area, the sim looks fine but the video is awesome, so even before the video ended I purchased Oregon as I had to see that in my sim, not in the video ( It's not that I am like Saint Thomas, see to believe... but.. yes, I think I am) :rolleyes:

Most important thing I can say was said by Mikee when I asked him for his experience with WA, there is no point of comparison, simply it is absolutely two different worlds

I don't regret a dime

Flying around increased a 100% the enjoyment and you can't believe you reached the destination so fast because you were so amazed by the environment and the look of everything that time indeed flew. You don't get that sensation you some times  get, "are we there yet? and checking the map. I even flew in the small planes!

The advantage of also having all the regions is that we can uncheck TE products to fly in Fall and in Winter and as the landscape changes so much it will feel also good.

I do believe TE is for the USA and Land class for UK. ( though this is not last word, I might try the rest of England someday just by curiosity .. but no rush I'm happy as they are)

So now I have the task of deciding on WA and North California, a bundle would be highly appreciated :lol:

A ton of pics here to support what I say

If you wanna try TE USA you might like to do as I did, try this one and if you feel comfortable/satisfied consider the others :)

I departed from Long View ranch towards the red mountain ( spotted in the video)

NhlFvAX.jpg

Uki8glp.jpg

eArUZvr.jpg

qE1hLYP.jpg

VNDnrEc.jpg

McxcYA8.jpg

EL0fVso.jpg

iMgRZp1.jpg

the flight took me away and I ended up in the canon :-)

yN9IZYw.jpg

Then moved to Hobby Field towards Siletz Bay

79230lt.jpg

0laSnxG.jpg

8DD40rb.jpg

X5YmVwF.jpg

LoEFPtw.jpg

Siletz Bay

dzpeF5r.jpg

Then wanted to spot Salem

F9lewT2.jpg

nPMBohZ.jpg

then headed to Twin Oaks

XeUR6kx.jpg

ljobgCw.jpg

And moved towards the city again

gWMWtBF.jpg

SECRET

all the above where taken with 3.5 Gigas of product missing so I bet these areas might look even better!

Now with full package

DB4cFRu.jpg

T0gLCwd.jpg

GGWOwSh.jpg

D4TheMW.jpg

KugQgwe.jpg

yqGbi9h.jpg

See the level of detail of this one

As far as I know the water mask is done manually, you are supposed to erase manually in the picture all of the water for the sim water to take place, so the result is impressive

Might be a different technology now?

OPHauvB.jpg

UdbkquQ.jpg

cEwHcBS.jpg

tG86EDV.jpg

cSvY3Lr.jpg

Chase plane in action

b2EyT0T.jpg

sxSpr2H.jpg

Siletz Bay again

r5zD1nD.jpg

In search of Vernonia that was miserably skipped from first flight

VXY9r4e.jpg

Beautiful Vernonia ( hard to find just by vfr flying)

rDlyHy6.jpg

mExU2OQ.jpg

Back to Portland

SkBgoD2.jpg

KVUO last one

R3BbhX2.jpg

sk7Zn51.jpg

Game over

bipQ2Mf.jpg

Oregon state

HL5fj5T.jpg

hope this helps many Saint Thomas there

Cheers

Carlos

53 minutes ago, boetie said:

Great set Carlos. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank you Graeme

It was a pleasure

50 minutes ago, BradB said:

Outstanding shots Carlos , well done Sir !! .

Glad you liked them John :)

49 minutes ago, MurrayD said:

Look out Iain, Carlos is producing quite the screen shot! ;)

:lol::lol:  tough task  to do as good as master Iain

Cheers

39 minutes ago, adambar said:

Superb set of shots. :)

Thanks a lot Adam

30 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

A great collection of shots and an extended exploration of Oregon with a large number of Orbx-airports to discover within. Very well done Carlos...

Thank you very much Ikbenik, I'm very pleased you liked them

Cheers

Carlos

Amazing post, Carlos. The level of realism is indeed outstanding, we have the sensation of flying and being able to explore the scenery which is so close to reality. 

Enjoy your excellent purchase! :) 

9 minutes ago, Dario said:

Amazing post, Carlos. The level of realism is indeed outstanding, we have the sensation of flying and being able to explore the scenery which is so close to reality. 

Enjoy your excellent purchase! :) 

Agree Dario

I'm glad you liked them

Cheers

Carlos

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Magnificent shots Carlos, what a beautiful tour.

Thank you my friend. I was really nice for me as it is my first time with a TE USA product and feel satisfied, I do believe TE fits better the USA

Thanks for watching

Cheers

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Impressive Crisp set of shots Carlos ! Well Done !!

I liked them all , thanks for posting !

I just bought TE Oregon ( After seeing your beautiful shots ) !! :)B)

Thank you so much Mikee

Good to know you have it now.

You got WA & Oregon are you going for NCalli? :lol:

I feel so much pressure now to get the other two :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Carlos

34 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you so much Mikee

Good to know you have it now.

You got WA & Oregon are you going for NCalli? :lol:

I feel so much pressure now to get the other two :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers