Where am I? Win a price.

flyingleaf

Where am I? Prices to be won at bottomT7Fiuao.jpgAlright here are the goods. First price is: A two hour flight in the right seat. Second price: A six hour flight with entertainment by Hilda and T-Bone singing "Waltzing Matilda":rolleyes:. If y'all think yer kin cheat:angry: your price will be:" Sucking out the latrine of our C 47:unsure: and no entertainment :D. Good luck Y'all. Cap'n k:D 

Looks like you're landing long on a short runway and the missed approach weather looks yukky (mountains that outclimb a C47).  Of course we know this is bona fide Orbx scenery so that really narrows the field but, tempting as the offered prizes are, believe I'll pass.

50 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Looks like you're landing long on a short runway and the missed approach weather looks yukky (mountains that outclimb a C47).  Of course we know this is bona fide Orbx scenery so that really narrows the field but, tempting as the offered prizes are, believe I'll pass.

Bona fide Orbx area indeed OND. Just can't unnerstand y'all don't like the Mule Teams prices:unsure::D

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd take any prize, it would be fun to meet Hilda! :lol:

She ain't too happy at the moment Jack. She's looking for her bathing suit now that a "heatwave" is here in Alaska. Yeah I ain't kidding it reached 39 degrees here:oand T-Bone isn't man enough to tell her that he was using it as a cold weather blanket for one of our engines a few weeks ago. Oh boy.  And heck neither am I.:rolleyes::unsure::DSo my advise to is mebby wait a little while and let her"cool" down before y'all meet her. Cheers k:D 

Just now, flyingleaf said:

She ain't too happy at the moment Jack. She's looking for her bathing suit now that a "heatwave" is here in Alaska. Yeah I ain't kidding it reached 39 degrees here:oand T-Bone isn't man enough to tell her that he was using it as a cold weather blanket for one of our engines a few weeks ago. Oh boy.  And heck neither am I.:rolleyes::unsure::D

39 F or C?  :lol:  Dang, it's been 99% humidity and 90 here and it's dang awful.  

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

39 F or C?  :lol:  Dang, it's been 99% humidity and 90 here and it's dang awful.  

39 F Jack. Yup that's an Alaskan heatwave. But who knows could git really hot next week 49 F. But seriously your temps are not very nice. Reminds me of the humidity in beautiful Chicago and that wasn't very nice. Come out of the shower and I wanna go right back into it.:) Here in Langley it's 60 F with a cool breeze. Not bad and good for sleeping.:)

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

39 F Jack. Yup that's an Alaskan heatwave. But who knows could git really hot next week 49 F. But seriously your temps are not very nice. Reminds me of the humidity in beautiful Chicago and that wasn't very nice. Come out of the shower and I wanna go right back into it.:) Here in Langley it's 60 F with a cool breeze. Not bad and good for sleeping.:)

Yup, I’ll take cold weather over heat any day.  In summer hiking is terrible.  Gotta go early so I hit all the spider webs, have to wear Off or the mosquitoes will drain me, debris in my boots because wearing shorts, snakes, winter is so much better.

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Awright that's "terrible news" are y'all sure y'all don't wanna win any of our great:rolleyes:prices?  

Pretty sure there aren't to many people excited about the idea of draining the water from your C-47s latrine with a straw. :D

On 6/27/2020 at 3:48 PM, Stillwater said:

I would avoid to call Prince Rupert, having learnt about the prizes...

To show you guys how fair we are, we the Mule Team have decided that you Gerold are the winner of our first price. The time now is 18:43 hrs. and you have precisely three hours to present yourself at the Mule Team counter in McCarthy , AK at 21:43 hrs. for a night flight to Valdez, AK. The reason for this is the tower boys go for a beer at that time and we don't have to argue:angry: or get permission to take off. You may not see too much but it's a lotta fun. We've done that flight hundreds of times and made it "most" of the timeB) Hope to see you on board you lucky guy.:lol::D (Ps: Bring your own beer we only have 34 left:P).

Stay safe my brothers and sisters. k

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

To show you guys how fair we are, we the Mule Team have decided that you Gerold are the winner of our first price. The time now is 18:43 hrs. and you have precisely three hours to present yourself at the Mule Team counter in McCarthy , AK at 21:43 hrs. for a night flight to Valdez, AK. The reason for this is the tower boys go for a beer at that time and we don't have to argue:angry: or get permission to take off. You may not see too much but it's a lotta fun. We've done that flight hundreds of times and made it "most" of the timeB) Hope to see you on board you lucky guy.:lol::D (Ps: Bring your own beer we only have 34 left:P).

Stay safe my brothers and sisters. k

Flying there as we speak. I hope the time zone difference helps me, but I can make a shortcut over the pole...

I am incredibly happy to meet the Mule Team soon and get proper on board service. Will come in with a 777 freighter full of cooled steaks and warm beer, so all I need is getting both to the correct temperature by the Alaskan experts.

See ya!

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Here I am! Ready to rock with the Mule Team and you, Karl..

Welcome Gerold. Let's do beers, sh-naps and some of our delicious Fish Haggis (Jacks fine recipe:wacko:)and Hilda will introduce you to Bubba her 400 lbs. Grizzly pet Bear who also likes to sip a cold one but wont touch the Fish Haggis.:rolleyes::P:D. Thanks for all the beer, but are 600 cases all you could carry in that fancy aluminium tin can? But the steaks are great. Cheers the Mules.:D 

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Welcome Gerold. Let's do beers, sh-naps and some of our delicious Fish Haggis (Jacks fine recipe:wacko:)and Hilda will introduce you to Bubba her 400 lbs. Grizzly pet Bear who also likes to sip a cold one but wont touch the Fish Haggis.:rolleyes::P:D. Thanks for all the beer, but are 600 cases all you could carry in that fancy aluminium tin can? But the steaks are great. Cheers the Mules.:D 

T´was great meeting you and the Team, Karl. Dunno when I will recover enough to get the big tin can in the air, the effects of Hilda´s introduction still makes me suffer a bit :blink::D.

Archived