v5 - C-47 out of Edinburgh

TigerTigerM

Another freeware that works.

This is the Manfred Jahn's team C-47. Although it is quite shiny, I believe its a non-PBR version.

Sound & gauges work fine. Flies nicely.

The flight was mid morning in Spring. No UTL as yet.

I am noticing that currently  shots into the sun result in building vertical surfaces appearing quite dark.

Orbx HD trees are looking good, IMHO.

TTM

(P3D v5)

AyBCkFW.jpg

473wiVK.jpg

bmXQb6V.jpg

D2s6MH6.jpg

5 minutes ago, John Mac said:

Great Shots of an iconic airplane. Got to ride in one in 2014. What a blast!

John.

I can imagine. Great to have these experiences.

I always wanted to take a flight in the Junkers 52 Iron Anny, but our was grounded a few years ago.

18 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Although it is quite shiny, I believe its a non-PBR version.

There is a PBR update for this bird that looks phenomenal. Sadly, the SWISSAIR livery (and many other liveries) are not (yet) adapted to the PBR update. Which is a pity, as this PBR dress would look really great on a clean bare metal "paint"...

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

There is a PBR update for this bird that looks phenomenal. Sadly, the SWISSAIR livery (and many other liveries) are not (yet) adapted to the PBR update. Which is a pity, as this PBR dress would look really great on a clean bare metal "paint"...

Jankees has done a few PBR's.

Perhaps you could persuade him to do this one:)

TTM

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Really awesome shots TTM!  I haven’t been to their site as I don’t like them but any word on UTL?  It’s my biggest impediment to V5.

I will look for it - I read that someone was using it via a copy & paste of a particular file out of UTL v4.5.

I saw AI in a youtube video yesterday.

At the moment I am stymied as regards full Orbx load up as I need Simstarter NG P3D to be able to control scenery loads.

i5 can't take a full world load.

TTM

13 hours ago, shermank said:

Great looking pics....feel free to bring your love of the DC3 to www.dc3airways.net, a VA which specializes in all things Gooney Bird...:-)

Sherm

PR Director

dc3airways.net

Thanks Sherm

I'll have a look.

Flew on NAC DC3's in NZ decades ago. Fascinating from a window seat you could watch the the individual riveted upper wing panels flexing.

TTM

35 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Sherm

I'll have a look.

Flew on NAC DC3's in NZ decades ago. Fascinating from a window seat you could watch the the individual riveted upper wing panels flexing.

TTM

TTM, and all, 

I suggest that even if you are not interested in affiliating with DC3 to take part in our Multi Play events, you sign on to gain access to our forums. You will find a wealth of information from fellow pilots whose technical expertise is generously shared among members. Speaking of MP, for the past several months we  have been using Swift and TeamSpeak for  our events. Though there is a steep learning curve for the former, one of our members created an excellent step by step manual to help all of us get involved. We also have regular updates on the latest  versions of DC3 aircraft, both pay and freeware. Two of our members, btw, were the developers of the freeware Aeroworx DC3 that has become so popular in the XPlane Community.

Sherm

dc3airways.net

22 minutes ago, shermank said:

TTM, and all, 

I suggest that even if you are not interested in affiliating with DC3 to take part in our Multi Play events, you sign on to gain access to our forums. You will find a wealth of information from fellow pilots whose technical expertise is generously shared among members. Speaking of MP, for the past several months we  have been using Swift and TeamSpeak for  our events. Though there is a steep learning curve for the former, one of our members created an excellent step by step manual to help all of us get involved. We also have regular updates on the latest  versions of DC3 aircraft, both pay and freeware. Two of our members, btw, were the developers of the freeware Aeroworx DC3 that has become so popular in the XPlane Community.

Sherm

dc3airways.net

Thanks Sherm

I fly the Aeroworx in XP. Nice aircraft.

Put the MJ C-47 Non-PBR & PBR versions into v5.

Flew the Swiss livery [non PBR] yesterday ok, but Ozark bombed this morning.

I think v5 is getting twitchy as more stuff gets loaded in.

Hope to get more C-47 flights going.

TTM

35 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

My non-PBR C-47s work fine - but if I try loading any of the revised PBR versions into P3Dv5 I get an instant CTD. Anyone here got the PBR variant to work in P3Dv5?

Adam.

I'll have a look Adam.

I found Scenario was dividing my non-PBR C-47's into 2 groups, Group A loaded, Group B CTD P3D before load.

I checked the Group B Aircraft.cfg & found a difference in 1 row vs Group A, which I changed, & now the non-flyers are flying.

I will look at PBR's & their Aircraft.cfg & see if I can spot something.l

TTM

Just looking at the SOH entry (I was going to re-download it) ..  I noticed:

- P3D v4.4 and 4.5 PBR compatible only.
- A2A rain effect.

A2A says the current DLL isn't compatible with P3Dv5 - so must be renamed (or deleted). I already did that for my A2A aircraft (all work beautifully). So ... guess what ... that did the trick!!!

Adam.

Archived