A Couple of "enhanced" P3D v4's

Kev D

Thanks everyone - Jezzebelle:  As I mentioned in a few other screenshot posts, these are for fun.......I’m not a user of Photoshop - but I have a program called Luminar 4 which is for editing photographs.  It has a sky replacement key which After some experimenting, I found you can import your own sky photographs into the image.  So I take the screenshot then update the sky in the image.  As I also said earlier, these shots would not be entered into any screenshot competition with Orbx - they are just for fun and to pass the time while we are all under this Coronovirus lockdown.  

Kev

On 4/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, Kev D said:

Thanks everyone - Jezzebelle:  As I mentioned in a few other screenshot posts, these are for fun.......I’m not a user of Photoshop - but I have a program called Luminar 4 which is for editing photographs.  It has a sky replacement key which After some experimenting, I found you can import your own sky photographs into the image.  So I take the screenshot then update the sky in the image.  As I also said earlier, these shots would not be entered into any screenshot competition with Orbx - they are just for fun and to pass the time while we are all under this Coronovirus lockdown.  

Kev

Thank you so much for the tip about Laminar 4. Bought the program and here is my first attempt.

Henk

bv4Fxxa.jpg

Henk,

That is terrific!  I guess you can see now why I like Luminar so much!  It can really add drama to the screenshots.  Excellent capture - now I have some competition!

Kev

1 minute ago, Kev D said:

Henk,

That is terrific!  I guess you can see now why I like Luminar so much!  It can really add drama to the screenshots.  Excellent capture - now I have some competition!

Kev

Looking at buying this for my Mac myself, it looks like an intuitive program.  I have to say Kev it really enhances the Orbx screenshots a lot, and I agree with you, it wouldn’t be fair to post one in the contest.  But what results!

On 4/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, Stillwater said:

That´s a fantastic one, Kev!

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looking at buying this for my Mac myself, it looks like an intuitive program.  I have to say Kev it really enhances the Orbx screenshots a lot, and I agree with you, it wouldn’t be fair to post one in the contest.  But what results!

Jack,
You are so right, this is a great program and I use it a lot for my personal photography hobby images.  It is, as you say, intuitive and I fined the workflow very easy - more so than all the other image processing software around.  As for the clouds and sky replacement - you can take your own photos of sunsets or dramatic skies and use Laminar to incorporate into Orbx screenshots.  I think the addition of real skies makes the whole Orbx and add on aircraft image really lifelike.  I’m using the windows version but it is available for Mac.  YouTube has some very good tutorials for advanced image manipulation with it. I find that my screenshots have really come alive - especially when incorporated with Orbx True Earth in X-Plane.

Kev

5 minutes ago, Kev D said:

Jack,
You are so right, this is a great program and I use it a lot for my personal photography hobby images.  It is, as you say, intuitive and I fined the workflow very easy - more so than all the other image processing software around.  As for the clouds and sky replacement - you can take your own photos of sunsets or dramatic skies and use Laminar to incorporate into Orbx screenshots.  I think the addition of real skies makes the whole Orbx and add on aircraft image really lifelike.  I’m using the windows version but it is available for Mac.  YouTube has some very good tutorials for advanced image manipulation with it. I find that my screenshots have really come alive - especially when incorporated with Orbx True Earth in X-Plane.

Kev

Cool!  I use Affinity Photo for some occasional editing when I make my Orbx comics.  But you practically have to be a graphics engineer to use it.

Wouldn’t it be cool if Lockheed or Laminar incorporated this kind of technology into the sim?  Our little simulated Orbx world would look even more immersive.  But I’m happy with what I have right now in both sims. I never buy any other scenery, I have a few I’ve had for a long time like LOWW, I had the FT one but as soon as they announced LOWW I uninstalled it, really looking forward to it.  Hopefully soon.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:32 AM, cyberpilot said:

Stunning shots Kev.

What cloud/weather/shader programmes and settings are you using?

Rod,

The clouds are real images placed into the sim screenshot using an imaging editor.  The weather is Ultra Weather Xp - but you can’t see it here and I also use Active Sky for XP.  Nothing else.

Kev

Archived