X-Plane is getting better and better for me.

Jack Sawyer

This is a cool flight I just made after a day's hard work.

Here's the set up so far.

Orbx's TrueEarth in the UK for XP11.

xCamera - Mastered!

Global Traffic

The Toliss A319.

X-Plane with Orbx's still is really amazing.

I have Global Traffic maxed out, as well as XP's settings, graphics sliders almost all the way to the right.

P3D still has better water, I like HiFi's AS4 a little better than HiFi's ASXP.

The exterior of Aerosoft's A3xx series and XP's Toliss A319 are almost identical.

The cockpit is a little better and slightly more functional in P3D but, I still love both sims.

XP is VERY fluid on my PC.

So here's a flight I made with the Toliss A319 from EGHI Southampton to EGLC, London City.

A lot of shots here, sorry.

Pushback works nicely.

odDsLO0.jpg

I really love this airport and the cars moving in the background.

ecpXKV5.jpg

9s6Va7M.jpg

The lush greens of the fields is amazing.

xIkwOFR.jpg

J6HT9H0.jpg

Unreal ain't it?

1mlxCov.jpg

wMKWLYO.jpg

Fantastic scenery!

oSxKSmU.jpg

Over London, I'm still in awe.

jph7VbA.jpg

H23eKOL.jpg

This is one of my favorite approaches.

DMYD2Wm.jpg

Hand landed.

aGmnGj4.jpg

Reversers work great.

Q4MK5xs.jpg

Taxi back to parking.

zErN6Yi.jpg

The level of detail the wizards at Orbx put into EGLC is astonishing to me.

6XLoKPw.jpg

I absolutely love the baby busses.

9uJtrM4.jpg

S6kqk9N.jpg

This was quite by accident when I was panning.  A view out the window, very cool!
S0ZUakZ.jpg

Just now, olderndirt said:

Whatever you're doing different, write it down.  I think you're on to something good.

Thanks OND!  That’s funny, you’re the second person to ask me to do just that.  I’m gonna start writing tomorrow but I just hope it won’t bore any readers.  Suggestions welcome!

Hi Jack,

Excellent shots, no doubt about it. When I want a a near "Real as it gets experience" I turn to TEGB. Pity Ireland wont be done as I asked in another post due to the high cost of source imagery. If it was I would have been in sim heaven.

All the best,

John.

5 hours ago, John Mac said:

Hi Jack,

Excellent shots, no doubt about it. When I want a a near "Real as it gets experience" I turn to TEGB. Pity Ireland wont be done as I asked in another post due to the high cost of source imagery. If it was I would have been in sim heaven.

All the best,

John.

Thanks John. I like both sims, for me as real as it gets is a PMDG very high quality plane flying point-to-point Orbx to Orbx airports.

2 hours ago, schtroumf said:

I do not have the appropriate configuration to have as much detail ^_^but I love to see the beautiful captures.:smile:
Here, it's superb Jack:smile:

Thanks Olivier but I’m sad to read this, wish you had a more powerful PC my friend.

As all have said beautiful shots and really, trying to speak da English. :lol:.  Not bad though. Personally I like XPlane better than P3Dv4 now, in fact I haven’t played P3D for ages as on my system it takes ages to load. At the moment I have been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint and just recently the new add on for The Division. I must get back to my Fltsims. Derek.

5 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

As all have said beautiful shots and really, trying to speak da English. :lol:.  Not bad though. Personally I like XPlane better than P3Dv4 now, in fact I haven’t played P3D for ages as on my system it takes ages to load. At the moment I have been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint and just recently the new add on for The Division. I must get back to my Fltsims. Derek.

Thanks Derek.  I still like both simulators.

5 hours ago, Jezzebell said:

Fantastic shots, Jack! 

X-Plane 11 is more powerful platform from my point of view. 

Thanks!  I still like both but I have to admit, Orbx's TE is a definite attention getter.  And XP is so smooth, well, most of the time.  But P3D has the planes I like best.

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Absolutely fantastic, buddy. Nowadays I use XP11 much more often than P3D, although P3D isn't bad at all. But all these TE sceneries that we have now for the US make XP11 an easy choice :)

Thanks Bernd.  I use them 50/50.  I'm still more comfortable with P3D.

Archived