Team UK new projects

Top one is west palm beach, Florida, USA. 

Bottom one is San Jose, California, USA. Credit goes to someone else who mentioned it initially.

I was initially tricked in thinking it would be UK airports cause it was done by the UK team.

Edited by Koen Meier
Added the other airport with credit
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

San Jose is one of my home airports as I live very close to it. I am praying with all of my life it’s for P3D. We need a good up to date San Jose for the BA 744 from Heathrow. (Yes, they are in the process of changing the aircraft type on the route to a 744)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nice!! Can't wait to see KSJC in XPL and P3D. ImagineSim is getting quite dated and is missing the extension gates (not surprised since the scenery was developed in 2008 ~ 2009). Although I will say one thing. The extension shown in these previews are not long enough. In the real world there are about 35 gates but in these previews the extension ends at gate 30. I know the team is based in the UK so it's a bit harder to get gate info. Google maps is also not up to date as it also ends early. I will get a video from the ramp of me driving a tug along the extension. At gate 28 (the end of the real terminal) T point doesn't actually have any doors. T point is under the actual terminal (where those doors are) but there are no doors or walls. T point starts in between gate 26 and 27 and ends at gate 28. It's like a cut out area under the terminal. Also move the jetway air conditioning module more forward and make it alot larger. Also terminal A jetways all have inverse kinematics (because terminal A is older) but terminal B has newer Jetways without Inverse kinematics. Woops looks like said more than one thing lol

Edited by arwasairl

YES!!! So many years have I been waiting for KSJC to get the love it needs! My home town airport, I know all of its details almost by heart from plane spotting at the airport so many times a month! 

Ed, if you need references, contact info, or testers for this airport that know it by heart, please reach out to me for anything I could help with.

Thrilled to see PBI included!  I fly in there frequently irl (it is surprisingly grungy, in need of a power wash).  Hopefully the scenery will add some of the major local Palm Beach landmarks that TE FL has not included as yet.

Edited by StevePHL
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jordancollins said:

Thanks! 

Did KBUR get cancelled? Its been in development for a very long time it seems. 

No, it's definitely still in development. It's a massive project (with a few special treats beyond the airport), we're very much looking forward to sharing more news about it with you all once the time comes :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, arwasairl said:

Happy to help with the extensions ;)

We extended the terminal as you suggested previously and using your shots. Hopefully, we've got it fairly right!!

You can't see it in those renders but the baggage area is in there now too.

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Ed, Greg

Any updates on progress being made with KSJC?

Also wondering how much of the surrounding area of the airport will be available? e.g. Guadalupe river, Hwy 101, 880 and Hwy 87, downtown highlights?

Really looking forward to this airport. It was one of my old "hangouts" when I lived in the Bay area.

Thx and keep up the good work on the airport. Its looking amazing.

cheers

Mark

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, BrianThePilot said:

San Jose is one of my home airports as I live very close to it. I am praying with all of my life it’s for P3D. We need a good up to date San Jose for the BA 744 from Heathrow. (Yes, they are in the process of changing the aircraft type on the route to a 744)

doh!

Sorry Guys following today’s news it looks like BA are about to retire all their 744s.

Sadly the Covid 19 virus is forcing there early retirement. I love the Jumbo Jet.

Edited by paulk

• 1 year later...