Bristol Type 170 at YMEN

Scott Harmes

Thanks all for the comments.

1 hour ago, jean marc said:

what an amazing plane ! I knew quite a lot of different planes but I' ve never seen a such one !

Many thanks Scott it is a great new one :) 

And sure it was fantastic to be the owner the VW van going off the plane in a such way 8)

I totally agree Jean Marc.  i was stunned when I first saw this aircraft a few years ago.  The only one I have seen in real life is an old static one at the Australia National Aviation Museum at Moorabbin airport, and that was just driving past.  I must visit the museum one day, considering I only work about 2 or 3 km away.

Great shots and a great heads-up on this new model. I remember these (I think!) from my yoof in Southend. Loads of them at the airport, plus I had an Airfix (I think, again) model that I was really proud of. Even though I'm not using P3D much these days I shall have to get a copy of this.

So well captured Scott!  Do go and visit the museum it's engrossing for at least half a day.  We had those aircraft in TPNG for a bit back in the 1960s (TAA and Ansett) and the one in the museum is one of those - huge load carriers, great STOL performance, noisy as buggery and a little awkward to taxy - nicknamed Bristol B*****ds for some reason which now eludes me.

2 hours ago, TerribleT said:

So well captured Scott!  Do go and visit the museum it's engrossing for at least half a day.  We had those aircraft in TPNG for a bit back in the 1960s (TAA and Ansett) and the one in the museum is one of those - huge load carriers, great STOL performance, noisy as buggery and a little awkward to taxy - nicknamed Bristol B*****ds for some reason which now eludes me.

I certainly will do Terry.  I have some time off at the moment so when I get back from Adelaide next week I will make a point to visit the museum.  I must also pay another visit to Point Cook and the RAAF Museum.

Cheers,

Archived