FSX, that Felt Good!

VH-KDK

So I have been unable to install my JF DC-6 into P3D.

1.gMgUPbX.jpg

I installed FSX yesterday, a good reason to splash out on AUS V2 as well. Over Mildura and what an improvement. Directly in front of the nose is where Iived for 3 years at Cowra Avenue although the road does extend to the railway track to the bottom of the screen but let's not be too picky, eh!:rolleyes:

2.ZpmYeCd.jpg

What an improvement to YMIA, excellent stuff. Lake Hawthorne and the Murray are above the DC-6. I installed the DC-6 into FSX as it wouldn't install on my dummy FSX file to fool P3D like so many other planes have successfully done!:(

3.iFXOlAi.jpg

I copied the obvious files from FSX and into the dummy FSX file and then went through picking out effects files which when I tried to copy over into P3D were already there!

Started up P3D, loaded a flight and there it is, YES!:D

4.lYKFALG.jpg

Flying out of Felts and all appears to be going well. I have installed the TW soundset which I know is the wrong engine but it sounds good.

I do have an R2800 so I will put that in at a later date.

Now onto the Beaver which previously refused to recognise FSX.;)

23 minutes ago, BradB said:

You must REALLY like that airplane Martyn to put FSX back on your HD .........:rolleyes::D

I killed two stones with one bird John.:blink:

As I enjoy OZx so much, I run them on the AUS v1 in P3D and now I have just bought AUS v2 and installed it on FSX so I have also been able to get a couple of old favourites running.

There are also some old planes that are FSX only so I can give them a dusting off too.B)

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I killed two stones with one bird John.:blink:

As I enjoy OZx so much, I run them on the AUS v1 in P3D and now I have just bought AUS v2 and installed it on FSX so I have also been able to get a couple of old favourites running.

There are also some old planes that are FSX only so I can give them a dusting off too.B)

Actually FSX is being updated on steam  : https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=314160

John

On 11/26/2019 at 4:22 AM, Stillwater said:

Great shots and fantastic to read you have become a good p3d-mechanic now.

If only I could get the gauges of the fantastic Aerosoft Katana to work in p3d...

Thanks Gerold, I am the sort of mechanic you wouldn't want within cooee of anything that needed fixing.

SOmetimes I am just plain lucky.;)

On 11/26/2019 at 7:27 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots and interesting stuff Martyn.  PMDG has a terrific DC-6 though.  I made a lot of Orbx South America flights in it.

Thanks Jack, yes the PMDG one looks the bees knees but way to expensive and complex for me.:o:blink::wacko:

You know my type of flying!B)

On 11/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, renault said:

There's a reason why FSX has stood the test of time and your screenshots show why Martyn!

Cheers

R

Thanks R, still a lot of things to do to get it looking presentable.

I have not used it for a while so I have to find things like REX and ASN as well of a few other bits and bobs.:)

Archived