Ok, I will be honest, I fell for it (FS 2004 Support)

Benny

I just woke up (and I need my coffee big time), like each morning I watch the news on my PC and after come here (and a few other places)
I read Aimee post and I said what the heck is happening?????? Why would ORBX would do such a thing???

I said those pictures look ugly???

I almost when to my sim rig to see if that:
joke.PNG.704c48659b9f882cc3c1fc1fd74ce9c9.PNG

was true....

I feel stupid now

Ben

Hi Benny. You weren’t the only one and as I said in an earlier post think quite a few got caught. I was even thinking of getting my old Fltsim 2004 back of my friend who now lives in Spain if he still had it. Derek.

Well, this is somewhat embarassing.

At this moment an old PC complete with FS2004 installed that  I had had stored in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, from the days when I worked up there as a waitress,  has been loaded on a truck & is on its way to the East Coast of the USA.

Being of the generation that still thinks Win98 is & was the best ever, the moment I saw FS2004 was going to be available again I knew that sometimes good things come to those who wait. My joy knew no bounds.

To get the PC onto the last truck out of Whitehorse last night I had to make some urgent phone calls, & I finally tracked Larry, the driver for Intercontinental Freight, down to a bar on the outskirts of town.

Initially conversation was difficult because he had taken his dentures out, it being Karaoke night .

He says he can't hit the high notes in 'Ave Maria' with his teeth in. I have witnessed it & that is true. Who would think that a rough tough Yukon trucker could have the voice of an angel once his dentures were sitting in a glass of whiskey on the bar, descaling.

I have to admit that I struggle with all this modern sim stuff. 

The fascination with VR, which just sounds to me like a new variant of a social disease, the fascination confounds me.

I tried it once & ended up with dizzyness that lasted for 3 days.

So, my dreams have been dashed  & thus I am in the awkward position of inquiring whether Orbx would consider re-imbursing me for the cost of freighting what will now, I have just realized, be a rather expensive door stop when it arrives from Whitehorse.

Having been conveyed for over a week across Canada & the USA by Larry. No doubt he will drive from bar to bar, catching Karaoke nights & blowing away the competition, most of whom will take one look at him & anticipate a gut rough version of AC/DC's "Back in Black".

& be dumbstruck when his toothless soprano rendition of 'Ave Maria' shatters spirit bottles.

TTM

:rollmyeyes:

This just may be the best post I've seen in years. Simply terrific. I've got this one bookmarked. Plus, I learned that a glass of Jack Daniels is far better for storing my dentures than that other stuff I've been using............................

Archived