More and varied XP testing

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Love the pics mate. Nice frame rates too so you can enjoy smoother flying. Good to see that many of the pics include also the Weather programme ASXP which is a resource demanding addition.

We're getting there Buddy.

Thanks JJ!  I took great care to set up xVison and UWXP per FILOU’s setup post.

1 minute ago, Mark Abdey said:

Thumbnails in the main 'Aircraft' list and in the 'Customize' selection screen?.. and only with this AC? 

Yes, this v-tail in thumbnails is the only one that shows it a completely black.

E4fRlWQ.png

3 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Hmm... Maybe re-run the installer, which will check the files... it should (I think) repair any missing/damaged ones if that is the case. Is this 11.32r2?

Yes, 11.32r2.

I also detest that it dumps my keyboard binding changes I made.

Jack you need to create a flight.  Anything will do.. let it load. .top right open flight configuration. . now when your planes come up you should see a box saying regenerate icons . Click this and wait... screen will go funny but be patient.  I did this yesterday as I installed some carenado stuff.... you may have to choose the black plane to see the box.  Sorry I am working...

8 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Jack you need to create a flight.  Anything will do.. let it load. .top right open flight configuration. . now when your planes come up you should see a box saying regenerate icons . Click this and wait... screen will go funny but be patient.  I did this yesterday as I installed some carenado stuff.... you may have to choose the black plane to see the box.  Sorry I am working...

Hi Wayne, I did this earlier and the same.  I’m back in XP after shutting down and I no longer see that option anywhere.  Getting annoyed.

11 minutes ago, wain71 said:

Disregard, I had to load a flight first, found it, did it and now it’s good. Thanks 

If you ever need to re-generate aircraft icons its best to do  it from the "Developer" menu item at the very top of the menu bar and scroll down to "Regenerate Icons for Current Aircraft", if thats not what you have been doing already after selecting the problem aircraft.

1 hour ago, Dadtom65 said:

Great shots Jack. Haven’t got a weather program for Xplane yet as busy buying all that Orbx brings out. Must get one soon. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I find ASXP causes dense overcast when it’s supposed to be clear but maybe it’s my settings.

33 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

If you ever need to re-generate aircraft icons its best to do  it from the "Developer" menu item at the very top of the menu bar and scroll down to "Regenerate Icons for Current Aircraft", if thats not what you have been doing already after selecting the problem aircraft.

Thanks Sentry, great advice to go in my XP settings document files.

3 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Speaking of sad old hardware, I'm coming up on #81 :rolleyes:.

I may not even make it that far OND, good on ya!  My uncle is 87 and he’s sharp as a tack.  I’ll be 60 in July and I’m denser than a railroad spike. :blink:

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I’m using his xVision preset.  It looks like it’s PTA for XP.

Shaders appear to be big in XP and I understand the Russian who makes Xvision is already working with Laminar towards the upcoming 'Vulkan'.

3 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Shaders appear to be big in XP and I understand the Russian who makes Xvision is already working with Laminar towards the upcoming 'Vulkan'.

It would be nice what Vulkan, all I know of it is that's where Mr. Spock came from. :huh:

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It would be nice what Vulkan, all I know of it is that's where Mr. Spock came from. :huh:

Just to add to your confusion it's an API (Application Programming Interface) as is 'Open GL' - currently in use.  Vulkan will apparently simplify and accelerate the work load between CPU and GPU allowing increased and much more efficient data processing - end result improved frame rates and generally better performance.  I hope you appreciate how I sling those tech terms around just like I knew something - without Google, I'm a eunuch.

2 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Just to add to your confusion it's an API (Application Programming Interface) as is 'Open GL' - currently in use.  Vulkan will apparently simplify and accelerate the work load between CPU and GPU allowing increased and much more efficient data processing - end result improved frame rates and generally better performance.  I hope you appreciate how I sling those tech terms around just like I knew something - without Google, I'm a eunuch.

Nice OND, if you're a eunuch I shudder to think what I am! :huh:

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Looking good Jack! Hope you are enjoying XP ;):)

Thanks Paul, I am, it's very detailed with TE.  I'm gonna make some Orbx to Orbx airport flights as I have bought a lot of them and today will buy the rest thy make for XP.  Even Meigs.

Archived