Evolution of tweaking

John Venema

A quick example of how constant refinement and trying different settings in xVision, UWXP and VMI-Twick VR can lead to an eventual result that is pleasing; rich in colour and clarity but still performs well.

Result based on the "Impressive with LUA" preset, custom sky and cloud textures and UWXP.  Too washed out and over-saturated; a lack of red tones and too much blue haze. Clouds lack structure.

elstree1.jpg

Result based on a LUT reshade combined with xVision and UWXP. Still over-saturated although better clarity. Reds are too purple and  horizon is too blue still. Better clouds, although too bright.

elstree2.jpg

Final result. I'm using Renault's "Natural Colour" xV preset, less cloud brightness. Now the saturation levels are just right and we have warmer tones. The horizon looks more realistic too.

Elstree3.jpg

Click each to view the 4K original image.

I really like the first one as well as the last, and the haze has been very much like the top image in this part of Southern England today...very dense and blue.  I really like XP's haze depiction actually, although it often come in for some criticism... I also enjoy the rabbit-hole of trying to get things looking a certain way.

Have to agree.  The final shot is something else.

A question if I may.  What is the best way to move from one solution to another in Xvision?  Can the new solution just be added or must I start from the default values again?  Still learning here.

3 hours ago, lauriebe said:

A question if I may.  What is the best way to move from one solution to another in Xvision?  Can the new solution just be added or must I start from the default values again?  Still learning here.

I always reset to the backup default first, then load the new solution and activate it. Actually, it's very easy.

Kind regards, Michael 

4 hours ago, lauriebe said:

You just apply a chosen preset from xVision. There is no need to restore shaders from backup between applying presets.

Archived