Vista Australis 1 shot

andiflyit

Hi all,

so this here is a bit nostalgic . It shows Brisbane International YBBN in VOZ 1.8 Vista Australis in FS9/FS 2004 a Century of Flight.

Vista Australis was the predecessor of Orbx AU and was a freeware download, all packed in 1 large file, same as today. :) 

It covered the complete continent, wonderful. I say this for those who never used the old sim.

You can also see some freeware World of AI traffic and the Ansett Boeing is the Eric Cantu Vistaliner B727-200 advanced.

The aircraft has a perfect exterior model and fde. Since years this great freeware is hosted by Historic Jetliners Group at simviation.

They have a lot of historic jetliners originally designed for FS9, tons of first class repaints, and very realistic 2d panels.

Most aircraft works in FSX as well, sometimes not depending on the panels.

zkY32nx.jpg

Thank you very much for viewing!

Cheers,

Andreas

Beautiful Andres!  What I would give for a PMDG quality 727 with steam and glass cockpits.  I remember when we sold several to FedEx and they promptly turned them into two man glass cockpits.  Like a whole new plane.  I sure do miss seeing those lead sleds flying overhead.

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Grand shot Andreas . :):)

Cheers

John

Glad you like it John. :)

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Nice One :)

Thank you very much Mikee!:)

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautiful Andres!  What I would give for a PMDG quality 727 with steam and glass cockpits.  I remember when we sold several to FedEx and they promptly turned them into two man glass cockpits.  Like a whole new plane.  I sure do miss seeing those lead sleds flying overhead.

Oh oh Jack PMDG...you can do this but I need 1 hour to get a complex jet aircraft up. In my FS9 I have installed the Captain Sim 757-200 Captain

which is a rather deep simulation. And if I want to fly it again after months I've forgotten it all, FMS or FMC, all the systems, love my GA aircraft.:lol::banghead:

5 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

wow what a super shot Andres regards EMM

Thank you very much EMM!

2 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Ah, Andreas, the good old days. Thanks for a nice screenshot!

My pleasure Rodger. In FS9 I still like to play around with all those nice older files.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

This old tech was already looking very satisfying, Andreas. Not keep this memory for the upcoming AUv2 later this year!

Yes Gerold. I will not give up FS9 but it becomes a bit difficult with Win10 and the new graphics and drivers.

This memory does not bother me at all, I will install AUv2 as soon as it's available. Hopefully the update for the HD airports will be free.

Cheers

Andreas 

2 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Ah Great memories triggered there Andreas - VOZ was such a huge improvement to FS9 and the AI availability was tremendous in that era.

Yes, AI never worked in FSX as it did in FS9. But I've just installed a new AI tool, Traffic Global, to P3d which seems to work.

A lot of AI, both Airliners and GA and no frame rate hit. Will go a bit deeper into this next days.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A beautiful image of a great old jet.

I had several enjoyable flights on Ansett's 722s.

Thank you Martyn. You're talking about RL I assume so you can hopefully confirm that the aircraft looked like this.

I've never seen an Ansett B727 in RL.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Wonderful shots Andreas! :)

Thanks a lot Adam! :)

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:58 AM, andiflyit said:

Thank you Martyn. You're talking about RL I assume so you can hopefully confirm that the aircraft looked like this.

I've never seen an Ansett B727 in RL.

Sure was Andreas and it looks the part right down to the unusually painted nose cone!

Sadly this is the only place you will see anything of this great airline now.:(

Archived