Wearizzit

VH-KDK

11 minutes ago, TerryM said:

It looks like Lincoln to me with the castle and cathedral at the top of steep hill.... I used to live there :)

Terry

Well done Terry, easy for you.;)

What colour coconut would you like me to send you!:o

I visited Lincoln back in the early 70s and enjoyed the walk up that steep hill to the Cathedral.

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Well done Terry, easy for you.;)

What colour coconut would you like me to send you!:o

I visited Lincoln back in the early 70s and enjoyed the walk up that steep hill to the Cathedral.

I lived there for many years in a place called Bracebridge Heath before migrating to Australia in 2010. BBH is a small village almost visible in that screenshot and about 1 mile from Waddington air base; there was always a huge amount of aerial activity visible in Lincolnshire..... from the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton, the Eurofighter Typhoon at RAF Cottesmore, the battle of Britain memorial flight, the E-3D sentry at RAF Waddington, the Harrier jump jets at Wittering, and the RAF flight training academy at Cranwell also just down the road :) 

1 hour ago, TerryM said:

Only downside for me, is I probably need to buy a new SSD for my XPlane now so I can go reminisce ........ damn you ORBX :P

I am running mine off a 2tb external HDD.;)

It runs like  a treat even though this is not the best alternative.:o

28 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey VH-KDK. I never would have guessed the location, but that doesn't stop me from admiring the picture. Very nice. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger, yes very difficult for someone over the water but just my luck for Terry to have lived there.:lol:

2 hours ago, TerryM said:

I lived there for many years in a place called Bracebridge Heath before migrating to Australia in 2010. BBH is a small village almost visible in that screenshot and about 1 mile from Waddington air base; there was always a huge amount of aerial activity visible in Lincolnshire..... from the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton, the Eurofighter Typhoon at RAF Cottesmore, the battle of Britain memorial flight, the E-3D sentry at RAF Waddington, the Harrier jump jets at Wittering, and the RAF flight training academy at Cranwell also just down the road :) 

My brother lived in Grimsby in the early 70s before he went to Oz and I visited there often. So many different planes to see flying around from down south. Vulcans, Hastings and with Binbrook close by quite a few Lightnings, what a sight and sound they were. Also I can remember the high flyers such as LH747s.  I enjoyed going past Scampton one afternoon on the coach and seeing the Lancaster gate guardian. Very sad to see that Scampton is earmarked for closure.

Archived