Sparkling

VH-KDK

This is so nice, Martyn!

Out of curiosity, which do you prefer to fly - the Hurricane or the Spit.

From what I've read of the history of the two, the Hurc was the "unsung hero" , dependable as old boots, and a great support to the Spitfires.

A great capture!

Cheers

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Really good shot Martyn but only 256 acres?  That's half the size of the park I hike in.  But beautiful shot nonetheless.

Thanks Jack, not forgetting that the UK would fit into the US more than 40 times.:o

Such a small and compact place!:lol:

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:46 AM, Captain Lars said:

Marvellous shot. England has about one vineyard and Orbit considers it in its scenery. Wow!

Thanks Lars, just one of 450 vineyards throughout the UK with one even in the Shetlands!;)

Gone are the days when a bottle of British wine was produced to get your dinner guests to go home with the remainder of the bottle coming in handy next day as a paint stripper.:lol:

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:04 AM, renault said:

This is so nice, Martyn!

Out of curiosity, which do you prefer to fly - the Hurricane or the Spit.

From what I've read of the history of the two, the Hurc was the "unsung hero" , dependable as old boots, and a great support to the Spitfires.

A great capture!

Cheers

Thank you R.

I suppose I do prefer the Spitfire out if the two but you are totally correct in what you have read about the Hurricanes understated role in the conflict.:)

It could take more hits than the Spitfire and was easier to repair.

I love to fly both but I need to do a lot if practice in getting up and down as the RAF is getting short of both types thanks to my terrible flying.:o

Archived