65S - I08 Leg 2

Wakashi

After waiting for a couple of days for the weather to clear, I finally got a decent day to finish the flight to Cabin Creek Idaho.  The weather cooperated for the most part except for bouts of rain and clouds.  I had just about as much or more trouble finding this little airport as Rodger did, but what a hoot it was to finally get there.

1. LittleNavMap shot of I08
Vogn6jU.jpg

2. Leaving KTHM (Thompson Falls)

aToHbLv.jpg

3. Fair weather for now!  Headed for  S92 Fish Lake USFS Airport flyby.

N4gZJu2.jpg

4. Over Clearwater National Forest, weather still holding.
OIQvSQX.jpg

5. US12 below west of Missoula Montana
VcKYKrJ.jpg

6. Flyover of S92 (Fish Lake)

ZarVJaj.jpg

7. The Bitterroot Wilderness Area dead ahead.

JAdrBR0.jpg

8. Salmon River below (bet that's some good flyfishing right there!).

S6fQd5L.jpg

9. U81 Cold Meadow (USFS Airport)

xMzOLvF.jpg

10.  Tower view from I08, you can just make out the landing lights up high against the mountain.

5JXJuVx.jpg

11. Touching down at I08, looks like Rodger Pettichord is here and waiting to go fishing! 

fBTUHRF.jpg

Thanks for flying along, hope you enjoyed the flight and scenery! :)

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Roger , I enjoyed your flight very much . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John appreciate the comment!

5 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Roger. Great flight. Isn't it interesting how all the canyons look alike once you are down in them and trying to find your specific one? Thanks!

Thanks Rodger, yes, one looks like all and all look like one when you are in the mix of them, couldn’t do it without the GPS and LittleNav Map that’s for sure, or at least it would be a lot tougher! :blink:

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful and safe conclusion to your flight Roger, I enjoyed the trip.:)

Thanks again Martyn, hope you weren’t to terrified by my non pro mountain flying! :lol:

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Good gosh almighty Roger, these are excellent, how in the world did you dine it?  Little Nav Map yes, but I never even knew this existed and it's awesome.

Gotta give most of the credit to Rodger Pettichord, he put out the first and I just followed suit, did you get his list of bush airports for Idaho?  Used the GTN 750 and LNMap to get the job done.  Thanks for the comments!

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Muskrat Ramble! If it wasn't for the landing light I would not have spotted the Maule on final! Make those CTAF calls alright!

Thanks Bermuda, yeah, it’s pretty hard to see from that distance even with the lights on!

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Fantastic set Roger, well done!

Thanks Chunk, glad you liked em!

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Roger. Cool trip. You two guys would be a great fit to the Mule Team. :lol:

Hey, hey, hey, could I have Hilda’s job (if she ain’t back yet), I do not want T-Bones job of pushin broom, beer and whiskey! :lol:  Or, I could always take your job and just boss everyone else around, how bout that!  I have been a BOSS before but they spelled it backward, Double SOB! :rollmyeyes: 

8 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Gotta give most of the credit to Rodger Pettichord, he put out the first and I just followed suit, did you get his list of bush airports for Idaho?  Used the GTN 750 and LNMap to get the job done.  Thanks for the comments!

Yes, I have the list printed out, now to try to find the time.  Want to finish flying around Australia first.

Archived