Thanks to Rodger Pettichord!!

Wakashi

Not a lot of time to fly or compute for that matter lately.  But, after seeing @Rodger Pettichord post on the Idaho's Cabin Creek IO8, I had to take the time to try it.  Using P3D v4.2, Adam's PTA, Milviz Beaver Tundra, Active Sky P3D, time 0800 LT.  Took off from 65S headed for I08 Cabin Creek Idaho.

1 Destination Cabin Creek (Google Earth), you can see the small runway if you zoom in a bit.

J6S2sCT.jpg

2 Sitting at 65S

02Gbf0b.jpg

3 Sitting at 65s Different view

VBDsaCF.jpg

4 Leaving Boundry County for Cabin Creek, nice window view from the office.

uvSWukp.jpg

5 Nice scenery by Orbx, long distance outside view

LBMDGT8.jpg

6.  Uh-0h, weather looks like its going to turn sour, and I'm about 20 smiles from KTHM Thompson Falls (closest AP)

gpbPnqm.jpg

7. Made it to KTHM, but was a bit high, so had to circle to land on RWY 07.

3ZOKV2n.jpg

8. View from the AP coming in over the fence.

BQ0y1xf.jpg

9. Over the fence and ready to land and RELAX!

xY0iAsQ.jpg

10  Down safe, and gonna wait on better weather for leg 2 due to more bad weather ahead maybe tomorrow!

E5DG6Lk.jpg

11  FltPlanGo for iPad is the cat's meow for tracking a flight, real time weather,  planning, info, you name it, it does it and all for FREE!

q2byIir.jpg

12 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Wakashi. You are a brave man doing this in real weather. Great shots, though. Can't wait until you get into the high country. Should be spectacular with your excellent graphics. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger, don’t know about the brave part but that Active Sky can be a bit too active at the worst time.  Glad you liked em and thanks for the inspiration for that flight, I need to do more just like that, hope leg two turns out as good!

12 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Roger. Do some beers while you're waiting for clear sky's:lol:.

Thanks Karl, for reminding me to have a “few”, it looked like I was gonna be there for a couple of days so a “few” was most certainly called for!  Thanks for the comments! :rollmyeyes::lol:

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A very wise diversion due to the weather and you are so lucky spending the night at Thompsons Falls.

I spent a week there one night!:huh::rolleyes::-

Thanks Martyn, love that little saying, :D  I’m just glad KTHM was only a few miles dead ahead and not socked in with real bad weather!

Archived