A beautiful old Queen

carlosqr

23 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots of the Old Queen!!!!!

thank you Lifejogger

22 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Oh yes! Consider me grateful, Carlos. Nice job. Thanks!

I'm pleased you liked them Rodger

21 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Wonderfully nostalgic shots, Carlos. Great lighting and atmosphere also. :)

Thank you Lars, I think we all have that nostalgic feeling when we see Pan Am. Knowing its history makes and seen a plane, video or so makes the feeling more intense. I wish it comes back.

I remember the first time I saw it. My father took us to the airport to say goodbye to his aunt. She departed in a Pan Am 747.  With my age and height, I saw the plane as a monster, a giant, I since then fell in love with the 747. It departed in the evening almost night. A picture forever.

I never saw again a Pan Am plane or a 747. It is very difficult to spot 747's in my country. I've had the chance to spot Air Force One when Obama came, the Atlas Cargos when Lady Gaga visited on tour and The Iron Maden one. But it is not an usual plane in our airport :'(

I spotted the Concorde once on its world tour :)

15 hours ago, adambar said:

She is elegant looking for sure, well done Carlos! :)

Sure she is Adam, thank you

14 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain, I appreciate it

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An excellent set Carlos and very nice to see the Pan Am livery up in the skies again.:)

Thank you Martyn, it is indeed a nice livery to use 

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wonderful Carlos, especially that last one.  I have fond memories of Pan Am.  They even used the Pan Am name on the shuttle in 2001 A Space Odyssey.  I never thought it would go under, sadly it did.

Thank you Jack!. Interesting, I was not aware they used the name of Pan Am for that shuttle.

12 hours ago, macca22au said:

Huge series, beautiful work...

Thank you Ian

4 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you Jack!. Interesting, I was not aware they used the name of Pan Am for that shuttle.

Oh yeah Carlos, it's iconic in that movie.  I loved the way Kubrick did that.  The shuttle heads to the station and it's a Pan Am livery.  So cool.

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you Lars, I think we all have that nostalgic feeling when we see Pan Am. Knowing its history makes and seen a plane, video or so makes the feeling more intense. I wish it comes back.

I remember the first time I saw it. My father took us to the airport to say goodbye to his aunt. She departed in a Pan Am 747.  With my age and height, I saw the plane as a monster, a giant, I since then fell in love with the 747. It departed in the evening almost night. A picture forever.

I never saw again a Pan Am plane or a 747. It is very difficult to spot 747's in my country. I've had the chance to spot Air Force One when Obama came, the Atlas Cargos when Lady Gaga visited on tour and The Iron Maden one. But it is not an usual plane in our airport :'(

I spotted the Concorde once on its world tour :)

:) PanAm was the 747's launch customer, right? As was United for the 777.

Lady Gaga needs a Cargo 747 for her equipment? Wow... :unsure::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

:) PanAm was the 747's launch customer, right? As was United for the 777.

Lady Gaga needs a Cargo 747 for her equipment? Wow... :unsure::rolleyes:

Yes Lars Pan Am pushed for the 747. Not sure about United and the 777

And yes LG brought Atlas to  CR. Lots of equipment a brief of it on the second video. She used the National Stadium. The third one is the arrival of Iron Maiden

Archived