Don't Forget...the magnificent Gold Coast Cityscape.

macca22au

First and last the private airstrip of the Southport Flying Club.

TKm9g7o.jpg

The Gold Coast looking south to the Surfers Paradise high-rise and tourist jungle, and out to the east (leftish) to the Seaway Entrance.

LFvmj8z.jpg

vpke2lO.jpg

Matteo I have searched but cannot find.  Where would the extra afcad be located? I tried to crop out the default hangars to give a good impression of your airport, but was not successful as you noticed.

33 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Matteo I have searched but cannot find.  Where would the extra afcad be located? I tried to crop out the default hangars to give a good impression of your airport, but was not successful as you noticed.

you have to search inside your p3d folder, maybe you have a southporth afcad.bgl in some actives folder, if you search on scenery library of p3d probably you won't notice the bgl because if is inside an active folder you won't see from scenery library, i suggest to search inside p3d folder on your hard disk.

cheers,

Matteo:  I am meeting the manager of the airfield on Tuesday Australian time, and i will give him all the photos that I took.  Could you kindly attach to a post on this forum a screenshot similar to the two I took in front of the Clubhouse.  Obviously the intrusive hangars and the default fuel pump wrongly reduce the quality of your brilliant work.

1 hour ago, macca22au said:

I have searched and come up zero.  How can I identify an active folder?  Remember I am not very bright with IT, you would need to make it simple.

i remember before the release of this scenery there was some un-official afcad files to use, i'm almost sure the problem it's caused by it. I'm not able to know where the afcad file is ( because doesn't depend from me ) but for sure it's inside of some your airport folder.

Just now, macca22au said:

Matteo:  I am meeting the manager of the airfield on Tuesday Australian time, and i will give him all the photos that I took.  Could you kindly attach to a post on this forum a screenshot similar to the two I took in front of the Clubhouse.  Obviously the intrusive hangars and the default fuel pump wrongly reduce the quality of your brilliant work.

for sure

25 minutes ago, macca22au said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6 hours ago, macca22au said:

Hi Ian,

It could be one of two things that I can think of.

First, make sure that in the YBCG control panel you have it set to "CityScene Gold Coast Mode".

Second, if you have OzX installed the conflicting features could be from there.  Do a search in the OzX folder for YSPT and disable files with that ICAO in the file name.

Cheers,

Scott:  Your blood should be bottled to use an old phrase of praise.

I can still see vestiges of the default hangars, but I suspect an uninstall and reinstall might remove these. (Not shown in this shot.  All of the refuelling infrastructure has been cleaned up.

But once again I clearly did not read the instructions and gave others and me some grief.

JyFMkC5.jpg

And thanks to all for their kind comments and to Matteo for his quick assistance.

Thanks to Scott and Matteo YSPT is all cleaned up.

I uninstalled and reinstalled YBCG.  I selected the Cityscene Gold Coast mode and all is well.  

I deselected static aircraft, as the Navajo is out of place.  The Committee does not permit twin engined aircraft of any sort.  Also there is a big Cessna single among the statics and this is out of character.  The only large commercial aircraft permitted is a Beaver floatplane with wheels, used locally for sight-seeing flights, (and no doubt pays big money for the privilege) everything else is small.  The Orbx Van, Maule, Alabeo  and similar would be appropriate...even the stock C172 is a bit stodgy at a field with many vintage aircraft and trendy small singles.

PS the manager of the airfield is a former Air NZ pilot who finished as captain on the 747-400.  He owns and flies a Van at the airfield, and still retains an instructor's rating so he does a lot of renewals.

I also gave him some prints of screenshots of the field and the YBCG, GC Cityscape.  Like most RW  pilots he was stunned by the quality of the flightsim scenery. I was delighted to tell him the company that made the scenery was Australian in origin.

Personally Ian, I can't fly without Shadows set to ON even though there is a performance hit.

Otherwise, views taken outside the cockpit look too un-real and flat to me. That is where I personally prefer Matteo's version of the shot with the shadows adding natural depth to the creator's work.

The major airport that slows my system down is Brisbane so I occasionally turn shadows off, until I want to take a screen capture and then bring them back to normal.

Just an observation Ian. Please don't take it personally. Many people seem to prefer to turn the shadows off but to me it looks very odd, particularly later in the day when there should be long shadows in a capture.

Aussie.

Archived