Light the blue touchpaper.

VH-KDK

Nice static shot from Christchurch airport. Detach the working engine and mount it above the fuselage, demount the defect starboard engine and let the engineers look at.

Anyway with some effort from the single engine on top you're maybe able to take-off and reach Auckland :D

6 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

Nice static shot from Christchurch airport. Detach the working engine and mount it above the fuselage, demount the defect starboard engine and let the engineers look at.

Anyway with some effort from the single engine on top you're maybe able to take-off and reach Auckland :D

Thanks for that, I have passed the information on to the maintenance crew and they have just sent someone down to Bunnings for some Loctite!:o

10 minutes ago, paulb said:

Great shot Martyn :).

That is the only issue that I find with some of the freeware. Either they work or they don't :unsure:

Never mind, just keep topping up your passengers drinks! :lol:

Thank you Paul.

This is the first one that I have not been able to start for a while.:angry:

The problems sometimes begin once airborne:ph34r:.

If I get all the passengers drunk they might not realise that the plane hasn't left the gate.:o

23 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

That was an epic journey KDK I felt like

I had never left the joint.:D

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, with a disaster like that I felt like smoking a joint.:blink:

The only joint I did have was a leg of lamb for dinner, and very tasty it was too.:D

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well the first one lit but no matter what I tried the starboard engine would not start so we never got to Auckland.

No problems as it is only freeware.

XJy5yiW.jpg

NZCH

You might try starting the nr. 2 engine first, which is the right one.

The 'normal' sequence is first nr. 2 (right) and then nr. 1 (left).

When implemented correctly it shouldn't make any difference, but you never know how freeware is implemented......

Just my 2 cents....

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Shame Martyn, I wonder what happened all of a sudden?  And did this freeware plane come with all those cool ground vehicles?

Thanks Jack, well nothing happened with the stbd engine!:lol: The starter switches didn't work on the overhead, just flicker.

There are plenty of options for the ground equipment all included, good aren't they.:)

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You might try starting the nr. 2 engine first, which is the right one.

The 'normal' sequence is first nr. 2 (right) and then nr. 1 (left).

When implemented correctly it shouldn't make any difference, but you never know how freeware is implemented......

Just my 2 cents....

Thanks Fred, I will give it another go and try your suggestion.:)

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you Paul.

This is the first one that I have not been able to start for a while.:angry:

The problems sometimes begin once airborne:ph34r:.

If I get all the passengers drunk they might not realise that the plane hasn't left the gate.:o

I think that someone is just testing you out on one-engine flying Martyn! :D

Same here, when I purchase a new complex airliner, I always give the passengers loads to drink. It usually keeps them happy whilst I RTM before take off :lol:.

Archived