Now you see me

VH-KDK

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You're welcome Martyn, actually it was very clever, something we all do on airliners, well, at least I do! :)

I had a war one time coming back from Thailand. I wanted to look out of the window and this idiot Australian who had the 3 middle seats to himself wanted to sleep and was very abusive to me. I enjoyed the view out of the window for 9 hours.:lol:

All he had to do was ask politely.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I had a war one time coming back from Thailand. I wanted to look out of the window and this idiot Australian who had the 3 middle seats to himself wanted to sleep and was very abusive to me. I enjoyed the view out of the window for 9 hours.:lol:

All he had to do was ask politely.:rolleyes:

Dang, some people's kids right?  I love window seats, they're the best!

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Dang, some people's kids right?  I love window seats, they're the best!

He was an over grown spoilt kid of about 35 years old.:banghead::lol::lol:555

I always try to get the window seat right up the back, it is great back there on a 777.;)

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Cheers Landon, you have to enjoy yourself, right?:lol:

It's like this quote from the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High (a popular 80's movie in the U.S., if you're not familiar)....anyhow, the quote is this:

"No matter where you are, act like that's the place to be."...I could not think of anymore sage advice when it comes to one entertaining oneself ;) 

Brilliant Martyn! I love the humour! :D

I too was reminded of flights with children next to the window. Opening and closing the blind seemed to be a way of alleviating their boredom :rollmyeyes::wacko::angry:.

Nice one......!  

I was on a military flight a long time ago and we had all the blinds down flying from Ascension Island to UK, most people getting some kip.  One guy by a window flipped up his blind to look out - flooded the cabin with daylight and received a chorus of “shut that f**king blind!!” from about 30 blokes..............which he did!  Much more direct interaction on an all male military flight!

Kev

6 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice one......!  

I was on a military flight a long time ago and we had all the blinds down flying from Ascension Island to UK, most people getting some kip.  One guy by a window flipped up his blind to look out - flooded the cabin with daylight and received a chorus of “shut that f**king blind!!” from about 30 blokes..............which he did!  Much more direct interaction on an all male military flight!

Kev

You mean you had windows on an all military flight? On the military cargo planes I have had the pleasure of flying in(C-130, C141, C-5A, C-17) we did not have the luxury of windows :D

But I can say that if we did have any windows with retractable shades, there would be the same reaction as you heard on your military flight ;) 

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

You mean you had windows on an all military flight? On the military cargo planes I have had the pleasure of flying in(C-130, C141, C-5A, C-17) we did not have the luxury of windows :D

But I can say that if we did have any windows with retractable shades, there would be the same reaction as you heard on your military flight ;) 

Been there done that Landon!  I know exactly what you mean, and sitting sideways with your feet on duffle bags and leaking ground equipment is always fun, especially wth the bar under your thighs, it can be annoying for a long flight. 

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Oooops, now I have been told off for playing with the window shades.

For taxi and takeoff you should keep the shades open on every REX flight! [And I assume it is a Saab from them?]

Archived