787 flight tests in London.

Well, in the new 787 at EGLL with most sliders maxed and AS4 on I was getting low frames but smooth flying.

I love the work they did on this plane, all the switches are round, not those triangly things as in some planes, it seems to be very well done.  I had one gripe though, maybe they'll add it in later.  The flight control switches aren't modeled so I couldn't fly inverted because the plane overrides it, so they modeled that perfectly.  Opinion?  A must buy plane if you like the 787, I'm well pleased with it and I'm sure we'll see improvements.

I chose EGLL with UTL on because it's a heavy hitter but it performed perfectly.  Sorry for so many.

Anyway, Orbx Global, England, Europe, heck, I have everything Orbx makes so it's all Orbx.  UTL, AS4, REX TD HD, ASCA, PTA.

GC8PptO.jpg

gxHHwoN.jpg

r9tr246.jpg

RBD8zG3.jpg

rHLBEva.jpg

It will do a max climb however just like that real one did at the airshow.  Very cool and powerful!

nKQPlo8.jpg

EyU45GJ.jpg

2PpzJLv.jpg

xjyHBLv.jpg

QnDTPjr.jpg

i0TKlhP.jpg

4b5ZPbi.jpg

iy4OZ8L.jpg

TUUiSGZ.jpg

oCwDCqC.jpg

p4v6Jce.jpg

tmnbnbJ.jpg

eaMRQiz.jpg

mVbs1nt.jpg

WZUvMGD.jpg

cKWc0dY.jpg

I heard in the news today about that crazy BA pilot that went low & slow over London City. Surprisingly he disappeared before the city could be evauated. All BA flights are canceled for the time being for a thorough evaluation of all pilots and the safety procedures.

Good that you have taken some magnificent pictures Jack, maybe this helps finding him.

PS: I am glad you like the 787, and you got her in the air really fast!

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I heard in the news today about that crazy BA pilot that went low & slow over London City. Surprisingly he disappeared before the city could be evauated. All BA flights are canceled for the time being for a thorough evaluation of all pilots and the safety procedures.

Good that you have taken some magnificent pictures Jack, maybe this helps finding him.

:lol: I'll be in the airport bar if they need me.  Of course you know they'll just come in and congratulate me? :D

Thanks Gerold, it is well worth it, glad I bought it, what a plane BOeing has designed huh?  I love the wings, they look like birds wings.  It really is a significant change from the rest of the fleet.

Well Jack, these are really nice pictures you present us here. A beautiful aircraft, an impressive city, two stiff guys with bowler hats and handcuffs...

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You mean, where they showed the passengers crying after leaving the plane? "It was so awful, I thought we are all going to die!!" They have closed all roads leading out of London, and air traffic in whole Europe is said to be delayed for two days minimum... and today's power outage at Hamburg airport, might it have to do with it, too? Well, if they ever going to catch that guy, he is surely going to loose his license for good. And the years in jail that he is facing for the innumerable safety violations that he commited... I almost pity the poor guy.

4 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Well Jack, these are really nice pictures you present us here. A beautiful aircraft, an impressive city, two stiff guys with bowler hats and handcuffs...

You mean, where they showed the passengers crying after leaving the plane? "It was so awful, I thought we are all going to die!!" They have closed all roads leading out of London, and air traffic in whole Europe is said to be delayed for two days minimum... and today's power outage at Hamburg airport, might it have to do with it, too? Well, if they ever going to catch that guy, he is surely going to loose his license for good. And the years in jail that he is facing for the innumerable safety violations that he commited... I almost pity the poor guy.

Are you kidding me Lars?  All those passengers paid good money for a roller coaster ride and I got special dispensation to do this over London because they know I'm such a suburb pilot! :D  Sarcasm off.

Glad you liked the shots Lars, you know how I am, I have to play and test before I fly sensibly else what good is this life if one can't have fun? :) 

1 minute ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! Fantastic shots and a great new airplane! :)

I wondered if the RAF scrambled a few jet interceptors after seeing your low flying! :lol:

Only to enjoy watching!

Thanks Paul!

3 hours ago, captainbluesky said:

Very nice shots Jack.  Now that is one nice aircraft with all the high tech and displays in the cockpit.

Thanks Captain!  It sure is, Boeing has some amazing avionics engineers.  That's what I did all my life, worked cockpit avionics systems on the planes.  Man do I miss it.

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Fine shots there, Jack.

I like the closeups, which is not so frequently seen from you, right?

I presume the pax had the ride of their lifes...!

Thanks Fred!  Not too often but I have the cameras set up this way on all the big jets, it's pretty cool

They loved it, they even asked for my autograph and wanted another flight.  But I told them I had to hit the bar :D

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

An exceedingly enjoyable tour of London Jack.:)

I would take your plane back though if it wont fly upside down.:huh:

This is a design fault almost as bad as the early Comets.:o

Thanks Martyn!  If they make those flight control switches work I could, see the FCC's control the logic that simply will not allow the pilot to do anything stoopid like what I wanted to do. :)

Those early Comets, sad, very sad. :unsure:

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, it would be good if I could read German Gerold, but sadly and I'm embarrassed to say so, I can't. :unsure:

Just look at the pix, mate, the should reflect what every traveller fears. Even in London... :D

Archived