Now to explore Orbx's delightful world!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks again Iain!

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Well, now look these shots are smashing!

Thanks Erik!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Mmmmh, that sounds like a project. And a delightful one!

It was the last time and it should be better this time :P

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Indeed Gerold.....

Something like..."How many (Orbx) airports to visit in 24 hours" ?

That wouldn't be too many.  I'm gonna make a methodical test of all of them which is a lot! :)

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

If I would have enough time... just look in my spoiler. And it is surely shorter than yours!

I love doing it though Gerold.  I just did it this past 12 months so I'm gonna do it all over again.  Region by region flying from Orbx airport to Orbx airport. :P

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A very cool project your are embarking on Jack, and a worthwhile one to be sure :) A nice start with the evening shots, and all that nice lighting.

Thanks Landon, it was fun before but it'll be even more fun now!

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Good luck on your tour Jack, you have enough airports to keep you going for a very long time.

Excellent images btw.:)

Thanks Martyn!  You're right and they're gonna release a new Oz one soon too, I hope.  More to fly around and I love it!

Have all but 3 of the ORBX airports now.  Used "BOB" to do a walk around each one over the years.  A great way to appreciate the work that has gone into their making.  You would be amazed at the fine detail, that otherwise you would never see. 

9 hours ago, adambar said:

That's mostly what I do Jack, just hang around the Orbx airports. :D  Super set Jack! :)

I know and it shows, all your shots are really marvelous, I love them.

8 hours ago, dogtrack said:

Have all but 3 of the ORBX airports now.  Used "BOB" to do a walk around each one over the years.  A great way to appreciate the work that has gone into their making.  You would be amazed at the fine detail, that otherwise you would never see. 

I use ChasePlane now and have one camera set up so I actually move the plane around on the ground with the full front view, it's kind of like Bob.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots jack! Have fun! :)

Thanks Paul, I did last night on a successful flight from KSAN to Catalina at dusk in A2A's Cherokee in terrible weather and not problems.

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Very Nice Shots Jack !

Thank you very much Mikee!

10 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Nice shots Jack.  What airport is this?

Thanks.

Thanks Caleb, this is P3D's default airport when it first runs.  McDill in Florida I think?  I just use it as a test site.  But it's been enhanced with Orbx's Global, NA/LC, and Trees.

21 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Caleb, this is P3D's default airport when it first runs.  McDill in Florida I think?  I just use it as a test site.  But it's been enhanced with Orbx's Global, NA/LC, and Trees.

Thanks for the reply.  Not far from KSPG Albert Whitted, we fly into there in the Comanche 400 in RL a lot.  If Orbx were to do that airport it would be great, or at least a global enhanced one.  According to this there is no FTX Global Enhanced Airport for McDill:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/462118-orbx-airport-maps-freeware-and-payware/?page=9

34 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Thanks for the reply.  Not far from KSPG Albert Whitted, we fly into there in the Comanche 400 in RL a lot.  If Orbx were to do that airport it would be great, or at least a global enhanced one.  According to this there is no FTX Global Enhanced Airport for McDill:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/462118-orbx-airport-maps-freeware-and-payware/?page=9

That's cool!  I'd love it.  What I meant was that the airport itself wasn't enhanced, just the surrounding area. :)

Archived