OZX still down ?

Dadtom65

Just tried again to go to the above site and seems as though it’s still down. If it is I feel for Jae Kay, hope I’ve spelled that right, he must be having an awful time trying to get it back up again. Derek.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The banner at the top of Flight Sim Store says this:

"Please Note: Most files have now been transferred to our new servers."

This seems to be a good sign, they have new servers so they just got to transfer things to it and hopefully OZx and fsfiles will be back soon.

All Anthony Lynch's scenery including the Complete Ants Aussie Airports is now available from Ant's website http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html and Flukey's Airports are now available from Vatpac website https://forums.vatpac.org/ unfortunately we will have to wait for Aussiex airports until the website is fixed.

Hi Nick, you correct that the full package was originally only obtained thru Aussiex however I emailed Anthony last week and asked him if he would attach the complete airports package to his own website which he subsequently did:)

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you should use another host, Imgur is as good as any

Thank you Very Much Nick , I appreciated it !

Do I have to create an account in Imgur or I don't have to ?

And could you please tell me , after I upload an image how , can i post it into the forums ? I just tried but I think I did not get it right !

Mike

26 minutes ago, mikee said:

And could you please tell me , after I upload an image how , can i post it into the forums ? I just tried but I think I did not get it right !

Mike

Hey Mike, I have been using Imgur for awhile now. You DO have to have an account, but it IS free :) 

Well, it's been so long since any contact with JK I am truly thinking he has something bad going on in his life.. He has never left the members hanging like this before.

Has anyone on the Orbx staff or even JV got a contact point for him just to put our minds at rest?  I am not asking for an email address or whatever, just that someone who has a contact to get in  touch with him and put out minds at rest.Teecee.

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Mike

Mike, after uploading you have to move the mouse over the picture area. Then move over the downwards pointing arrow, click on "get share links". Then click on the BBcode as before. Downside is that you have to copy each picture in a separate action...

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Well, it's been so long since any contact with JK I am truly thinking he has something bad going on in his life.. He has never left the members hanging like this before.

Has anyone on the Orbx staff or even JV got a contact point for him just to put our minds at rest?  I am not asking for an email address or whatever, just that someone who has a contact to get in  touch with him and put out minds at rest.Teecee.

You bring it to the point, Terry. We all love the OZx website, but even more important is the personal wellness of old (virtual) friends, like JK. It would be a true relief to hear about or from him.

6 hours ago, mikee said:

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Mike, after uploading you have to move the mouse over the picture area. Then move over the downwards pointing arrow, click on "get share links". Then click on the BBcode as before. Downside is that you have to copy each picture in a separate action...

You bring it to the point, Terry. We all love the OZx website, but even more important is the personal wellness of old (virtual) friends, like JK. It would be a true relief to hear about or from him.

Thank you very much Gerold , I got it right this time :)

Just got some free time in weeks for some virtual flying, took some V snapshots, but without OZx Image Hosting, I feel like I have lost my right hand.

I presume that Imgur is the 'go to' site for picture file hosting now,  based on comments here in the forums. 

Two questions :

1) Anyone know how to upload multiple screenshots to Imgur - say 10 at a time - and get all their BBCode links in one shot ? 

2) Also, if I create an account and mark the pictures as 'private' on Imgur,  will I still be able to post them here for all to see using the BBCode links, or will the 'private' setting make them   invisible everywhere, including Imgur  ?   

I’m with you Teecee and Gerold.  Serious concerns for the welfare of Jay Kae. 

Any news at all would be better than none ..... hopefully someone out there has some glimmer of information...... anybody ......

Cheers

I hope that this does not contravene forum rules, but I think it might be a good idea to post this now, as it appears that all the OZX scenery's are no longer available.. I have every installer and airport  zip stored on my computer so if anyone wants to replace a particular zip I would  be happy to put it on Dropbox for them.

Nick, would you let me know if this is acceptable please? Teecee.

I'm with you on this Teecee, any news would be good.

I am told that JK has stated that the sight is a mess & will take time to sort out, he also indicated it will be fixed but that he is time limited at present. He has never let us down so we all need to hang in there.

In my "elevated" position as OZx Flight Manager I can tell you that we are still thriving, managing to send flight plans out by email so our Friday flights have not missed a beat.

• 2 weeks later...

In your “elevated “ position as OZx Flight Manager Bruce, have you had any contact with Jay at all......is there in fact any real hope of rejuvenation?  A lot of us are really suffering withdrawals.

from my “lowly” position my info came via the forum admin.

Nothing new has emerged however I will try to get an update from Treetops

Like many I too am suffering withdrawal symptom. OZxFC regular flights thrive via emails but it’s not the same ie no pics of flights etc

As to the future hang in and as Previously stated “have patience”.  :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

'Jay is working on it when he has time. We just have to have patience.'

• Not that it will do me any good but I don't mind saying that my patience is wearing pretty thin now.   We had some pretty good and interesting people on the Ozx forum and their products were good too.  Ok I'm an 85 year old softie but  I miss them.
  • John

Hi John, we are all still around, we just don't have a forum to communicate on. :) 

I emailed Jay the other day and he indicated he was having someone look at fixing OZx.

In these days of having instant availability to pretty much everything, sometimes things don't fall into this ideal, unfortunately. Hang in there.

The OZx Flying Club are doing a bottom of Tasmania to top of Queensland inland trip and Craig is doing scenery in advance of each week's flights. Once it is complete he will look at releasing a new package of many small airstrips through Victoria, Western New South Wales and Queensland.

So during the site downtime, work still continues.

We are down but not out.

That is good to hear Trev, "down but not out". Any news is better than none, I'm glad you guys are operating on that basis, Cheers to all the guys at OZx, hopefully all will be well again soon, I'm almost afraid of how many of Rob (Flukey) and Craig Hanleys airfields may appear when the site returns, but it should be interesting all the same.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:09 PM, JohnY said:

Good news Trev.  Looking forward to the new stuff too.  Unfortunately you've only made me more impatient.:rolleyes:

John

John................just to feed your impatience Craig's new fields must have reached double figures by now.

Mainly small dirt strips, in fact the blending is so good that many are difficult to maintain visual contact, even when in the circuit/pattern.

Archived