Some TrueEarth pictures

NoLonger

Vlissingen and Middelburg in the distance.

2018-4-28_20-56-27-278.jpg

Passing EMHZ.

2018-4-28_21-0-7-984.jpg

Goes in the distance.

2018-4-28_21-6-37-883.jpg

Getting close to my destination, Rotterdam.

2018-4-28_21-14-40-313.jpg

On finals. Look at all that detail!!!!!!! (And imagine what this will look like in Aerofly FS 2 with all autogen on! ;) )

2018-4-28_21-19-47-894.jpg

Two shots from a trip into Limburg. This is a city called Heel. (I just LOVE the connection with Plan-G...! ;) Never heard of Heel before! Also great to see that everything I see in Plan-G actually is there in the sim!)

2018-4-28_20-6-7-231.jpg

Looking over the city Maastricht towards the airport with the same name.

2018-4-28_20-15-1-148.jpg

Beautiful shots there J van E, what type of computer system are you using and any form of graphic compromise? At present I find TrueEarth unplayable at my end with some weather thrown at it and some AI. I am looking in to a new computer though, the Dall Alienware Aurora with a Geforce 1080, 16GB RAM and  an SSD drive. Hope this will help speed things up a great deal.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

looks so much better in the sunshine than my cloudy ones

Well, imho a sunny day in P3D (or FSX) looks a bit clouded already... P3D lacks the sunlight that for instance Aerofly FS 2 has. (Another reason why I can't wait for the Aerofly version of this addon!) So adding cloud shadows to the P3D scenery, as good as it may look in general, only makes things even darker and imho often too dark. So for now I will keep on flying above the Netherlands with 'sunny' weather only (clear skies, 50 miles visibility).

2 hours ago, mikced76 said:

what type of computer system are you using and any form of graphic compromise?

i7 4790K@4.5, 16 GB RAM, GTX1080 and SSD's only. And yes, I compromised a lot... Compared to my regular default settings: autogen density to Dense instead of Extremely dense (but Scenery complexity still at Extremely Dense), Autogen distance at High, all shadows off apart from Clouds cast, interiour cast and receive and trees plus buildings receive only (although flying with clear skies helps already), Water detail off instead of Medium and all reflections off instead of on (but clouds on, although, again, clear skies also help here) and finally 2xSSAA instead of 4xSSAA. P3D still struggles though around Rotterdam and Amsterdan: stutters, late loading textures... So yes, this is ALSO another reason why I can't wait for the Aerofly version of this addon! ;)

BTW That Dall Alienware Aurora: what CPU does it have and at what speed does it run? That's very important for P3D.

EDIT
BTW I do use PTA with Matt's preset: this makes things look a bit more realistic, specially with that blue tint in the distance.

EDIT2
Hm, I am currently doing a flight along the North Sea coast but there performance really struggles, even with my lowered settings. Fps around 20 to 25, stutters and seeing all that autogen sticking very sharp out of the blurried textures isn't a joy to behold (to put it mildly). :( I think I will wait for the Aerofly FS 2 version before flying there again. I think I will do some flights in the east where things aren't that heavy on performance but after that it's bye bye TrueEarth in P3D until I can say hello TrueEarth in Aerofly FS 2... <_<

EDIT3

Just stopped the flight and quitted P3D. Couldn't stand the bad performance and bad looks anymore. I don't want to get tired of flying around the Netherlands without being able to actually enjoy it so I am defenitely going to wait for the Aerofly FS 2 version. I bought the P3D version as a test because I didn't want to wait that long but well, the testing is done: TrueEarth is way too heavy for my system and P3D. Hopefull Orbx will release the Aerofly FS 2 version pretty soon!!! Bring it on! I can't wait (again :P)! I am sure it's going to be totally awesome in Aerofly FS 2 because the addon IS good! Just not good enough for my PC and P3D.

I will be  honest here..I was not going to  bother with this one, Flat and  boring was my line of thought, but your screenies  just sold another copy of Netherlands, DL as I type this, Perhaps you should be on commission..:D. Teecee.

Archived