Chumpon board the Commando.

VH-KDK

This is a short flight from Ko Samui to Chumpon on the west coast of the Gulf of Thailand

1.sc1.jpg

Roaring down runway 35 at VTSM.

2.sc2.jpg

Passing the beach near Mae Nam, Ko Samui.

3.sc3.jpg

Ko Klian

4.sc4.jpg

Salad Beach on Ko Pha-nga

5.sc5.jpg

Now at the island of Ko Tao.

6.sc6.jpg

The mainland at Bang Nam Chuet can be seen on the right horizon.

7.sc7.jpg

Approaching VTSE Chumpon over Ao Bang Son.

8.sc8.jpg

Looking up the coast towards Ao Patiyu.

9.sc9.jpg

Touch down at Chumpon. The airport is currently being expanded to accommodate wide bodied planes to cater for tourist traffic.

No chump change here , these are high quality and pricey shots . I think it is very cool how well you know Thailand Martyn , you probably think of it has a second home . :rolleyes::D:):)

Cheers

John

22 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Martyn, good looking flight in that fat, chunky plane you have. Those waters looked very tempting...probably full of sharks and other things that want to eat me though -_-

Thanks Landon, the water would be nice and warm but you don't have to worry about the sharks as they are too full of plastic waste they have eaten to worry about eating you!:lol:

21 hours ago, BradB said:

No chump change here , these are high quality and pricey shots . I think it is very cool how well you know Thailand Martyn , you probably think of it has a second home . :rolleyes::D:):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John,the only chump was the one flying the plane. I love the place John but I have only travelled through this area once and after dark.

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice Martyn, I know you must be thinking "soon".  And Salad Beach, do they serve salads there? :lol:  And I'm with Landon, I thought sharks too.

Thanks Jack. Serve salads? They serve anybody!:blink::wacko::lol:

The only sharks you will come across are the ones in the tourist spots.:ph34r:

12 hours ago, jean marc said:

beautiful shots with interesting plane - pictures #3 /#4 / #5 : you should stop and go to snorkel and surely there are dolphins bythere :D

Thanks Jean Marc, I imagine there would by all sorts of marine life there. :)

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great narration / lesson, Martyn. And a very, very well suited livery on this widebody plane...!

Thanks Gerold, a nice place to visit as there are not too many wide bodied Aussies littering the beach.:o:ph34r::lol:

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul it would be nice to be on the beach there today.:)

Well I visited Thailand many times on business Martyn. Bangkok and the surrounding industrial areas. Never made it to the beach! :o

22 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well I visited Thailand many times on business Martyn. Bangkok and the surrounding industrial areas. Never made it to the beach! :o

That's no good Paul, maybe next time.:(

Archived