Netherlands TrueEarth around the Hague area.

Hi Iain,

With your computer, how high are you able to run your setting and still get smooth flight, even though I understand it is still in beta and not a finished product?

I do also understand that all computers are different, and set-ups are diffferent (eg I run 3 monitors and only a GTX 1080), so no guarentees, but I am just curious as a very basic guide how you are going with your settings.

Thanks

Anthony

2 hours ago, Spacey said:

Hi Iain,

With your computer, how high are you able to run your setting and still get smooth flight, even though I understand it is still in beta and not a finished product?

I do also understand that all computers are different, and set-ups are diffferent (eg I run 3 monitors and only a GTX 1080), so no guarentees, but I am just curious as a very basic guide how you are going with your settings.

Thanks

Anthony

Anthony I'm at work at present but when I go home in a couple of hours I will post my settings for you.

cheers 

Iain 

Here are my P3DV4.1 settings I use these everyday flying and not just for screenshots, I have only Orbx products and only P3DV4 aircraft installed no other scenery what so ever.

I do not count what FPS I get but can tell you with these settings my machine is a smooth as butter.

cheers

Iain

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 31.3.2018 at 8:46 AM, yanlaoge said:

I sincerely wish you had a 1000 people team to do the whole earth in this way in one year.

You could not afford it. Neither does high quality source material exist, nor would you have sufficient diskspace available. ;)

On 31-3-2018 at 2:40 PM, Iain Emms said:

2.jpg

Ouch... I was already afraid the settings would be like this. I am already having problems with scenery objects at high: everything at 'extremely' is an absolute no go for me so The Netherlands are bound to look a lot less detailed on my PC. Well, in P3D at last: it's a good thing it will be released for Aerofly FS 2 too. ;) (Pretty soon, I hope!)

On 31.3.2018 at 2:40 PM, Iain Emms said:

Here are my P3DV4.1 settings I use these everyday flying and not just for screenshots, I have only Orbx products and only P3DV4 aircraft installed no other scenery what so ever.

2.jpg

And autogen is not loading in patches using Autogen draw distance = Extremely high, even in The Netherlands with extended plains?

There must be a miracle hidden somewhere. I only get Autogen to fade in continually up to "Medium". One notch above it starts to load in patches at the distance. At least in landclass-based sceneries like NCA.

Kind regards, Michael

You are not quite grasping the technology here. This is not type 2 autogen as per all our previous regions. We are using CityScene tech which improves performance drastically due to much lower levels of drawcalls. If you want to see this tech in action please purchase CityScene Gold Coast.

52 minutes ago, John Venema said:

You are not quite grasping the technology here. This is not type 2 autogen as per all our previous regions. We are using CityScene tech which improves performance drastically due to much lower levels of drawcalls. If you want to see this tech in action please purchase CityScene Gold Coast.

Aaaaaaah, ok... well, that sounds good! I am not too good at technology so I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised!

Archived