Up and running

VH-KDK

So I tried running the FSX VTBD Don Mueang in P3DV4.0 and was pleasantly surprised to get it working without any noticeable problems.

3/42.dm1.jpg

Over Bang Khu Wat with the Chao Phraya River snaking it's way past Bangkok to the Gulf of Thailand. VTBD is bottom left.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Weeds?  I have plenty in my garden right now, hen bit, and clover to name a couple.  But that weed?  I don't think it's legal there. :wacko:

No but they do use it in some cooking, sparingly of course.:o

Too dry here for even weeds to grow apart from puncture weed.:angry:

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hmmmmm.....don't think I'd like to eat anything cooked with it.  :wacko:

I have never tried it in cooking myself but the trouble has used it when she lived there.

She just told me she used it in meat curry but not fish.:o

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  It sure does Martyn, but I love it!  This is the best place on the entire internet in my opinion anyway.

I couldn't agree with you more Jack.

It knocks the socks off some of the other forums I have briefly visited.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

I couldn't agree with you more Jack.

It knocks the socks off some of the other forums I have briefly visited.

I've been on a lot of forums, flight sim related and non-flight and I have to say the people here are the nicest, most courteous, and friendly I have ever encountered.  I really appreciate Orbx's forums.

I read somwhere the other day that the police confiscated bags of potato chips with weed baked into them, I think it was in California. :lol:  Great shot Martyn, I just wish you had a picture of you plowing through someone's yard or field. :D

7 hours ago, adambar said:

bags of potato chips with weed baked into them,

I made the mistake of buying a couple of bags of Guinness flavoured chips (or crisps as we call them over here) a while back. Possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. Oh, and nice pic, Martyn!

(I've just thought, this could add a whole new meaning to "Pot Noodles" <grin>)

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I made the mistake of buying a couple of bags of Guinness flavoured chips (or crisps as we call them over here) a while back. Possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth. Oh, and nice pic, Martyn!

(I've just thought, this could add a whole new meaning to "Pot Noodles" <grin>)

Man, sounds like a good way to ruin Guinness Andy...whoever thought of that idea should be strung up by their toes and flogged with a herring! :D

23 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

You're not part Swedish by any chance, are you, Sniper?

No Andy, I am half German and the other side is half Irish and Scottish ;)  But I am a fan of Monty Python and the Holy Grail :D In fact, I was going to suggest the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch be used instead of the herring, but on hindsight I thought that might be a bit of overkill :lol:

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I am half German and the other side is half Irish and Scottish

Wow. So it's a Guinness with a schnapps chaser for you on Burns Night then? That could get to be hard on the old bathroom rug if you're not careful <grin>

7 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Wow. So it's a Guinness with a schnapps chaser for you on Burns Night then? That could get to be hard on the old bathroom rug if you're not careful <grin>

Actually, I am not a fan of schnapps....don't get me wrong, I will drink a shot or two on a frigid night to warm the soul, but in general, I much prefer whisky and bourbon. Irish whisky, Kentucky bourbon, I enjoy them both. That is what I would chase my Guinness with :) 

Archived