San Diego evening

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, paulb said:

A great flight Jack! :)

At one stage I thought that you were going to land on the boat!

Thanks Paul.  I thought about it, but been there done that got the t-shirt on Catalina.  More later, lots of stuff to do today unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul.  I thought about it, but been there done that got the t-shirt on Catalina.  More later, lots of stuff to do today unfortunately.

Landing in the swimming pool....that's what we call a challenge ;-)

I like the appartments in #7 for a living and watch the sea going vessels from my balcony.....

-Fred-

2 hours ago, Taph said:

Nice set, you'll have to deflate your water wings for some of the bridges you fly under :D

Thanks Taph.  I don't know of any way to deflate them besides reading the helicopter but I can still fly under bridges as long as they're not too tight of a squeeze. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Very good lights Jack  over S.D.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick!

32 minutes ago, BradB said:

Lovely set of shots Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you most kindly John!

23 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Landing in the swimming pool....that's what we call a challenge ;-)

I like the appartments in #7 for a living and watch the sea going vessels from my balcony.....

-Fred-

Thanks Fred, and I agree, it would be lovely to live there.  Unfortunately it's a very expensive pace to live.  I've visited it many times in real life and have loved it.

1 hour ago, Eugene Kremlev said:

Nice shots, Jack! But! It's time to launch two f-16s to control the airspace from Jack's helicopters :lol:

The only reason they''s launch F-16's Eugene is to marvel at my flying skills! B):D

28 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Jack is going to do some night fishing off the coast, not with a boat though, with his helicopter......like the scene from Jaws movie.

That's hilarious Sammy!  I remember that ridiculous scene.  :lol:

Nice helo shots of the San Diego area in the evening Jack. I grew up only a little over an hour from there, and your shots really captured a typical pleasant evening of the area. And you're right about the cost of living, it's horrendous. My father still lives in nearby Encinitas, so I hear all the time from him about the costs getting higher and higher. It is a gorgeous little part of Southern Cali though.

A very interesting series of images Jack with a double disappointment.

I was sure you were going to land in the pool and also fly through the mystery structure.

I don't know what it is and I haven't been able to find it, any co-ords?

Google Earth have made things hard now by removing their photo layer, there must have been too many people enjoying it and finding it useful

18 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A very interesting series of images Jack with a double disappointment.

I was sure you were going to land in the pool and also fly through the mystery structure.

I don't know what it is and I haven't been able to find it, any co-ords?

Google Earth have made things hard now by removing their photo layer, there must have been too many people enjoying it and finding it useful

Sorry to disappoint Martyn!  And I didn't know that about google.  I wonder why they're doing this?

21 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice helo shots of the San Diego area in the evening Jack. I grew up only a little over an hour from there, and your shots really captured a typical pleasant evening of the area. And you're right about the cost of living, it's horrendous. My father still lives in nearby Encinitas, so I hear all the time from him about the costs getting higher and higher. It is a gorgeous little part of Southern Cali though.

Thanks Landon, I read yesterday people are driving one way from Bend to work in Silicon Valley!  That's like 110 one way!?

Jack

In answer to your question "Anyone know what this is?", I believe it is a piece of modern art in Shoreline Park, Shelter Island. It looks about the same place your shots were taken.

Happy to be corrected by local residents!

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

Jack

In answer to your question "Anyone know what this is?", I believe it is a piece of modern art in Shoreline Park, Shelter Island. It looks about the same place your shots were taken.

Happy to be corrected by local residents!

Thanks Fizzelle! 

56 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

That's a beautiful helo flight, Jack. I'm sure you enjoyed it ;)

Thanks Bernd!  I sure did, it's beautiful at this time of day.

18 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

"- what this is ?" - Antenna structure at NSC on Point Loma, just north of the Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery.

Thanks JM, what an interesting antenna structure.  I wonder what they listen to on it?

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Iain!

Thanks Fizzelle! 

Thanks Bernd!  I sure did, it's beautiful at this time of day.

Thanks JM, what an interesting antenna structure.  I wonder what they listen to on it?

Jack, I can bet that they are not listening to anything, but rather using it to receive Sawyer Effect reports from around the globe :D You are being watched Mr Sawyer ;) 

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Jack, I can bet that they are not listening to anything, but rather using it to receive Sawyer Effect reports from around the globe :D You are being watched Mr Sawyer ;) 

Cool!  Just think Landon, they can watch and learn from me!  Maybe they'll incorporate these into the Blue Angels' routines! :P

Archived