Special delivery for the Gold Coast!

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Sniper31 said:

You were a little off center line on landing Jack....^_^ :D

What's a few feet between friends Landon?  It was a very fast hand landing as I didn't have a lot of time.  Besides, the runway was getting worn down from all the perfect landings! B)

You don't see that every day. - well if Jack Sawyer is in the front seat you see it regularly :)

We had a QANTAS 747 land here a couple of years ago from  KLAX due to fog in Brisbane and it made headlines in our local paper. The last jumbo that landed at Gold Coast  was 36 years prior. Thanks for the entertainment Jack

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/travel/qanats-747s-flying-visit-to-gold-coast-gives-avgeeks-a-jumbo-thrill/news-story/ce6aed0fb918a1dd9f7528987081524f

Cheers Graeme

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class set Jack with some pretty handy flying;).

It is usually only the grass next to the runway that gets worn when I try to land.:wacko::blink::ph34r::lol:

Thanks Martyn!  :lol:  The grass next to the runway! :lol:

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, we weren't shaking or rattling or rolling, we were flying! B)

7 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Jack when I saw your 3 shot I was expecting to se you inverted but not I was wrong I enjoyed you flight well done regards EMM stewart 

Thanks Stewart, not this time, it is very difficult to do that in the 747, I'd have been way past the Gold Coast by then.

6 hours ago, Eugene Kremlev said:

Aha! Jack again scare of people on ground! :D Wonderful shots!

Thanks Eugene, the people on the ground weren't scared, they were in awe! :D

6 hours ago, paulb said:

A great set of shots Jack! :). It looks pretty nice scenery.

Thanks Paul, it is indeed, I want to take the BMW out for a drive there.

4 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Great Jack but no bridges, what a shame. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I haven't seen any yet but I'll have a look with a chopper as soon as I get a chance.

2 hours ago, boetie said:

You don't see that every day. - well if Jack Sawyer is in the front seat you see it regularly :)

We had a QANTAS 747 land here a couple of years ago from  KLAX due to fog in Brisbane and it made headlines in our local paper. The last jumbo that landed at Gold Coast  was 36 years prior. Thanks for the entertainment Jack

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/travel/qanats-747s-flying-visit-to-gold-coast-gives-avgeeks-a-jumbo-thrill/news-story/ce6aed0fb918a1dd9f7528987081524f

Cheers Graeme

Thanks Graeme!  :P 

Thanks for the link, quite a story and man, I love the 747!

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I was already thinking "this flight can only be done with an Extra 300", when I read

- unbelievable! What an experience!

I could tell you some serious stuff we did, banking 90 degrees and lying prone on sidewall looking out the window directly at the ground at 5000 feet up.  Max climbs, I mean max so you're pinned against your seat.  It was fun, engine out approaches all day, hours and hours of different engine out approaches and touch and go's.  

Archived