An Interrupted Flight!

paulb

My plan for today was to take off in a C310 from 77S Creswell (Hobby Field) PNW (P3Dv4).

I decided not to create a flight plan. Instead I would use a compass and map together with the moving map display in the GTN.

I wanted to fly around for a while and then find a nice Orbx airport at which to land.

It all sounded like a good plan! :)

Take off was fine....................

4wDJAeh.jpg

MCsGKRD.jpg

WXFGhPX.jpg

6tTxuIN.jpg

I soon began to explore the surrounding area.............

pC4pstd.jpg

Uaewi6l.jpg

TTbXvoN.jpg

So, I started to head for the coast and fly north...............

wvzajc5.jpg

It was at this point that Charlie (my dog) reminded me that I normally take him out for a walk :o

KByS2Dp.jpg

Perhaps I will complete the flight another day? ;):rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hi Paul, a truly wonderful flight experience! The last picture of Charlie came in really surprisingly! Thanks for the wonderful story!

Thank you Erik!   Well as they say....."The best laid plans of mice and men"! :D

7 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Nice idea for a flight but your dog does not looked pleased that your are flying and not taking him for a flight.

You are correct John!   Charlie kept pushing and pushing my arm with his nose until I stopped flying! :D

The photo shows his sad look............When are we going please! ;)

I thought it a great flight and now the anticipation of what you were fixin' to do has me wanting more, but, Charlie is more important in my mind, besides, look at his expression, he just longs to be with you outside.  There's a lot of love in his expression Paul.  Good for you.

Paul, pets have that effect on us. My cat Indy likes to jump up in my lap when I am flying. There usually is not enough space between me and the desk edge for him to curl up and get comfy when my feet are on the rudder pedals. So, he will then just do circles in my lap, then look up at me with this " Look mister, I want to curl up here and your flying thing is completely in the way!" Then he will plop down in my lap and forcibly wedge himself in between me and the desk, until I give in and take my feet off the pedals, pause the sim and start to give hims scritches. Ah, the dances we perform with our pets...:)

Hopefully Charlie had a wonderful walk with you Paul, and all is now right in his world ;)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I thought it a great flight and now the anticipation of what you were fixin' to do has me wanting more, but, Charlie is more important in my mind, besides, look at his expression, he just longs to be with you outside.  There's a lot of love in his expression Paul.  Good for you.

Thank you Jack! :). It's odd really, that Charlie can tell the time (better than me). He started with a lot of licking and then just sat down with a 'pleading' look! ;):rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Paul, pets have that effect on us. My cat Indy likes to jump up in my lap when I am flying. There usually is not enough space between me and the desk edge for him to curl up and get comfy when my feet are on the rudder pedals. So, he will then just do circles in my lap, then look up at me with this " Look mister, I want to curl up here and your flying thing is completely in the way!" Then he will plop down in my lap and forcibly wedge himself in between me and the desk, until I give in and take my feet off the pedals, his pause and start to give hims scritches. Ah, the dances we perform with our pets...:)

Hopefully Charlie had a wonderful walk with you Paul, and all is now right in his world ;)

You are so right Landon :). Charlie is always happy when he gets walks and affection! :D. BTW, I have to take him to 'slimming world for dogs' tomorrow! He does like his food! :rolleyes:

Love the shots, and the story.  Surely we all have someone or something that wants to derail our flight time.  I will add in my little/big one who likes to magically come in the office and need attention only when I am flying, when I am done flying she just wants to go into the backyard and dig holes.

When I begin flying

51502443867__83BBDE15-FC15-474B-9307-226

My attempt to occupy her time while I fly, last for about 5 min when she destroys every toy known to man.
IMG_2589.jpg

41 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of the flight - but finally a lovely surprise to interrupt it! Really charming.

I often have more dangerous interruptions, I can show you my arms after some of my attempts to get a flight landed or just saved...

DSC01634GefahrbeimFliegen.jpg

LOL! :D. Well done Gerold! It looks like you had better not touch the mouse! ;)

11 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Love the shots, and the story.  Surely we all have someone or something that wants to derail our flight time.  I will add in my little/big one who likes to magically come in the office and need attention only when I am flying, when I am done flying she just wants to go into the backyard and dig holes.

When I begin flying

51502443867__83BBDE15-FC15-474B-9307-226

My attempt to occupy her time while I fly, last for about 5 min when she destroys every toy known to man.
IMG_2589.jpg

Excellent Sammy! :D. She certainly has a "Why are you flying instead of playing with me?" look! ;)

Well I need to capture some shots of Indiana Jones interrupting my flying, but in the meantime, here are a couple showing him interrupting other activities of mine:

fZpLzUv.jpg

Indy preventing me from shaving and brushing my teeth.

y6UDcfT.jpg

Dr. Jones thinking he's going on an adventure with me and preventing me from packing some camping gear.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

I often have more dangerous interruptions, I can show you my arms after some of my attempts to get a flight landed or just saved...

35 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

When I begin flying

Well I need to capture some shots of Indiana Jones interrupting my flying, but in the meantime, here are a couple showing him interrupting other activities of mine:

You guys have some very cool pets!  I wish I could have one but am allergic to cats and the wife doesn't want a dog.  <_<

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You guys have some very cool pets!  I wish I could have one but am allergic to cats and the wife doesn't want a dog.  <_<

Indy is my buddy Jack...I got him in Tennessee (he was a rescue), then he traveled with me to Hawaii for three years, sitting right on the center console of my Jeep as I drove across the country to ship my Jeep from L.A. to Hawaii. Then, of course, he toured the island of Oahu plenty...about once a month I would put him in his travel harness and drive him around the island with the top down on the Jeep. I have his harness and leash measured just enough so that he cannot escape or hang himself but he has movement room. Then of course, when I moved here to Colorado, same process in reverse, riding in the Jeep from L.A. to Colorado. On the way we had to stop for some adventuring though, so he spent a few days at the Grand Canyon North Rim with me, and then a few more at Bryce Canyon in Utah. He is one traveling kitty. His last adventure was this past Christmas...I loaded him up in the Jeep again and we went driving around looking at Christmas light displays on Christmas Eve. He's a good buddy for a lonely sniper that isn't home enough to take proper care of a dog. Cats can be self sufficient  when needed, especially if they get the attention they need when they demand it...and they DO demand it ;) :D

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Indy is my buddy Jack...I got him in Tennessee (he was a rescue), then he traveled with me to Hawaii for three years, sitting right on the center console of my Jeep as I drove across the country to ship my Jeep from L.A. to Hawaii. Then, of course, he toured the island of Oahu plenty...about once a month I would put him in his travel harness and drive him around the island with the top down on the Jeep. I have his harness and leash measured just enough so that he cannot escape or hang himself but he has movement room. Then of course, when I moved here to Colorado, same process in reverse, riding in the Jeep from L.A. to Colorado. On the way we had to stop for some adventuring though, so he spent a few days at the Grand Canyon North Rim with me, and then a few more at Bryce Canyon in Utah. He is one traveling kitty. His last adventure was this past Christmas...I loaded him up in the Jeep again and we went driving around looking at Christmas light displays on Christmas Eve. He's a good buddy for a lonely sniper that isn't home enough to take proper care of a dog. Cats can be self sufficient  when needed, especially if they get the attention they need when they demand it...and they DO demand it ;) :D

That's a wicked cool name for a cat Landon!  Looks like Indy's had his own adventures!  So very cool Landon.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

That's a wicked cool name for a cat Landon!  Looks like Indy's had his own adventures!  So very cool Landon.

Well, it's only fitting for an animal that has been around like he has ;) He definitely lives up to his namesake...gets into lots of high places in the home where he probably shouldn't. I sometimes hear what sounds like a bowling ball landing on the floor, only to realize it was Indy jumping down from some high spot...gets your heart jumping sometimes :D

2 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, it's only fitting for an animal that has been around like he has ;) He definitely lives up to his namesake...gets into lots of high places in the home where he probably shouldn't. I sometimes hear what sounds like a bowling ball landing on the floor, only to realize it was Indy jumping down from some high spot...gets your heart jumping sometimes :D

A bowling ball! :lol:  I hope he doesn't go off looking for a chalice or anything.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

A bowling ball! :lol:  I hope he doesn't go off looking for a chalice or anything.

Haha! nice one Jack...you would be amazed at some of the "treasures" he manages to bring me...thankfully, he is not an outdoor kitty, or there is no telling what I would get.

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Haha! nice one Jack...you would be amazed at some of the "treasures" he manages to bring me...thankfully, he is not an outdoor kitty, or there is no telling what I would get.

Probably mice and I don't mean the computer kind either.  It's in their genes.  My sister had one and she called them "Woodles" because when they purred they made a woodling sound.  :lol:  I still call them that.

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Probably mice and I don't mean the computer kind either.  It's in their genes.  My sister had one and she called them "Woodles" because when they purred they made a woodling sound.  :lol:  I still call them that.

Well yes, mice, lizards, critters...I had a cat when I was a kid that was an outdoor cat, and he brought me all kinds of things like that. No, Indy likes to steal household items, then bring them to you like he found a pot of gold...always will announce himself when delivering the prize at my feet, and looks so proud...only problem is that it is a lid to one of the spices, my girlfriends hair band thing (he loves stealing those), pieces of jewelry if left unsecured...one time, he brought one of my socks to me....I had to have a 'talk' with him on that one, trying to convince him he wasn't part dog. nOh, and loves running off with pieces of my work gear or camping gear.  Don't know how many times I have said  "Now where did I put my compass..." only to find he has dragged it off somewhere near his cat tower. He likes the lanyard on that piece of equipment.

2 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Well yes, mice, lizards, critters...I had a cat when I was a kid that was an outdoor cat, and he brought me all kinds of things like that. No, Indy likes to steal household items, then bring them to you like he found a pot of gold...always will announce himself when delivering the prize at my feet, and looks so proud...only problem is that it is a lid to one of the spices, my girlfriends hair band thing (he loves stealing those), pieces of jewelry if left unsecured...one time, he brought one of my socks to me....I had to have a 'talk' with him on that one, trying to convince him he wasn't part dog. nOh, and loves running off with pieces of my work gear or camping gear.  Don't know how many times I have said  "Now where did I put my compass..." only to find he has dragged it off somewhere near his cat tower. He likes the lanyard on that piece of equipment.

That's both hilarious and cute Landon, I'd love a cat.  Maybe someday.  I wonder if there's hypo-allergenic cats like those dogs called Labradoddles?

11 minutes ago, BradB said:

Meet Sacha - 2 + year's old born with a tennis ball in her mouth . :D:o:lol:

2-21.png

Cheers

John

She is a very pretty pup John :) How excited does she get once that tennis ball is in your hand (if you ever manage to get it from her)? 

She is a very pretty pup John :) How excited does she get once that tennis ball is in your hand (if you ever manage to get it from her)? 

I have a K-9 Cannon that I shoot off our deck down toward our front yard . It shoots the ball about 40 yards , Sacha will do that all day long  . 

9 minutes ago, BradB said:

I have a K-9 Cannon that I shoot off our deck down toward our front yard . It shoots the ball about 40 yards , Sacha will do that all day long  . 

Ha! Yes, I bet she would...I can't imagine an active dog that would not do that...heck, Indy would go crazy for that too! He actually loves playing fetch...never seen a cat do that before him...his favorite thing to play fetch with? The girlfriends hair bands...you pick one of those up and he gets all excited just like a dog. He loves them so much, he gets his own pack of the things in his Christmas stocking. 

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

I have a K-9 Cannon that I shoot off our deck down toward our front yard . It shoots the ball about 40 yards , Sacha will do that all day long

A K-9 cannon, now I've heard of everything!  :lol:  Hope she doesn't get shot out of the cannon!

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

fZpLzUv.jpg

Indy preventing me from shaving and brushing my teeth.

y6UDcfT.jpg

Dr. Jones thinking he's going on an adventure with me and preventing me from packing some camping gear.

Well done Landon!  Looks a great travel companion for you :)

A wonderful flight while it lasted Paul, but not to worry as you should be able to retrieve it some when.:wacko:

I hope you both enjoyed your walk.:)

This has turned into a highly interesting post seeing others companions.

I must say that Sammy's friend doesn't look like one to be messed with!

I think John's Sacha keeps him very busy and fit.:lol:

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful flight while it lasted Paul, but not to worry as you should be able to retrieve it some when.:wacko:

LOL! :D. Thank you Martyn! We had a great walk. Unfortunately Charlie does not live up to his name. If you throw a ball he runs and gets it but then drops it somewhere else! :huh:

33 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I’m laughing here!

34 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Believe it or not Martyn mine is the softy of the bunch.  When I lived in FL and we would venture to the dog park daily she was the one always on the bottom of the dog pile.  Not to mention she enjoys getting dirty  so being on the bottom was only fitting for her, and she has her toy basket full of tennis balls like John's pup.

Normal day at the office for her.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_1081.jpg

Enjoying the Gulf of Mexico with one of her many dog friends.
IMG_0703.jpg

And of course when you have a white dog, dad is left cleaning her up after every daily outing.
IMG_0979.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Believe it or not Martyn mine is the softy of the bunch.  When I lived in FL and we would venture to the dog park daily she was the one always on the bottom of the dog pile.  Not to mention she enjoys getting dirty  so being on the bottom was only fitting for her, and she has her toy basket full of tennis balls like John's pup.

Normal day at the office for her.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_1081.jpg

Enjoying the Gulf of Mexico with one of her many dog friends.
IMG_0703.jpg

And of course when you have a white dog, dad is left cleaning her up after every daily outing.
IMG_0979.jpg

Any chance of borrowing her Sammy when I need to dig some post holes in the garden this winter?:o

28 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Very cool shots Sammy!  And that ocean, it's beautiful!

I too have had a few of those interruptions over the past many years by my dog (Beau, a rescue 14 years ago).  Sadly he is suffering late stage congestive heart failure, probably not many “interruptions” left in the future, :(:(.

Archived