No Paypal Option to Purchase ?

Starseed

Hey Gents. ,

Just wanted to know if Paypal was an option to purchase on line I do remember using it previously . That is my method of choice for all my on line activity.

Dont see it on the website unless things have changed??

Thanks much..................

I have used Paypal for many years with no issues...from my end that is. I have noticed though, that there seems to be many rumblings in the payment world about Paypals methods of operation, with some vendors dropping Paypal and looking for another payment option, or reverting back to debit/credit cards.

When Paypal started, their formula was simple, and most parties appeared happy. Now, it seems over time, PayPal's great popularity with buyers, has apparently given them more muscle over their vendors...take it or leave it....

I too have been using my debit card for purchases more and more, with some issues, that were quickly reported when my account went into OD due to some dodgy transaction. A quick call to the bank, the monies refunded to me and a investigation by the bank to determine why.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

this is an old topic and things change over time.

From a personal perspective, I am a 14 year so far user, as a buyer, of PayPal who have so far never let me down

and even recently refunded a purchase price under their Buyer Protection scheme.

15 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Can somebody please explain me the advantages of using paypal over using a cc?

If you don't own a credit card, you can still use paypal.

It's a direct debit, no need to then pay your credit card, or forget and have to pay additional  interest.

No need to either enter cc details every time, or save your cc details on someones webpage which many people are wary of.

46 minutes ago, Dr_Watson said:

If you don't own a credit card, you can still use paypal.

It's a direct debit, no need to then pay your credit card, or forget and have to pay additional  interest.

No need to either enter cc details every time, or save your cc details on someones webpage which many people are wary of.

Thanks. And how does paypal get ny money?

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

From your bank account, like everyone else does.

Well that's just the point.

My question was only a hypothetic one, because I actually don't see, why it should be saver, if Paypal takes money from my bank account than if my cc company did.

The main benefit is that  bank details are given to one provider and thereafter,

that provider shares them with no one. I also find it extremely easy to use which is

a two edged sword, as it makes purchases very easy too.

It suits me for those reasons but I have no interest in whether or not it suits anyone

else, nor in trying to persuade anyone to use it or dissuade them from using another

method.

I have had a PayPal account for 14 years and a bank account for around 50 years,

neither has so far deprived me of any money that they should not have and both

have once saved me from the malpractice of rogue traders. 

Hello Jack,

you might have noticed that I went to some trouble not to recommend either method.

I don't think I could have made it clearer than this:

It suits me for those reasons but I have no interest in whether or not it suits anyone

else, nor in trying to persuade anyone to use it or dissuade them from using another

method.

I have had a PayPal account for 14 years and a bank account for around 50 years,

I also have written 

this is an old topic and things change over time.

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

The main benefit is that  bank details are given to one provider and thereafter,

that provider shares them with no one. I also find it extremely easy to use which is

a two edged sword, as it makes purchases very easy too.

method.

Thank you Nick. This makes sense.

Archived