Vesuvius expedition

Jack Sawyer

Lots of shots.  Orbx Global, Europe, Vector, all the rest.  AS4, REX TD HD, PTA.  All P3Dv4 sliders maxed, 4096 & highest settings.

Decided to take some scientists to the bottom of the volcano.  It was a success.  Thanks Martyn for the idea.

1CHvCtL.jpg

oiYLGJq.jpg

BKivwP8.jpg

lbeMKja.jpg

9L3GqDx.jpg

kJ256BY.jpg

WtKZuzv.jpg

lmJa5Kg.jpg

Ehkx5m9.jpg

You guys ready?

GNaYsUi.jpg

Yup!  Here we go...

C3Urk1k.jpg

g61CLj1.jpg

JCT1jmA.jpg

V7nSjn2.jpg

OT5G6X6.jpg

IlpnTZu.jpg

j2sGrQg.jpg

PyfERwB.jpg

Going UP!

RIeGmSF.jpg

Sybv7tS.jpg

czSRo6D.jpg

Hey, bet yer ain't good enough to land on that there tanker Tex!  Wanna bet?

Ew7wN1k.jpg

8wHBH1F.jpg

HJGSDlw.jpg

The hills have eyes!

PCRwLgU.jpg

6sCgsRL.jpg

bMhnwtJ.jpg

JUvVeIc.jpg

IG6Awje.jpg

eGfJ48N.jpg

3ThmYAb.jpg

You owe me a case of beer!

un9IPna.jpg

HS5UKR0.jpg

Cruise ship inspection.

eA2TACg.jpg

62liYyF.jpg

JZTLkQi.jpg

Back to Vesuvius

f5BSgNy.jpg

Vi8Lh6z.jpg

1qqwPN7.jpg

4hXYFMU.jpg

Rw9tQLj.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Very fun series Jack, love it!  Is this the Milviz Huey Redux you are flying here? If so, I've been looking at that bird trying to decide on her.

Thanks Landon!  Yes sir, it sure is.  Well worth it, you should hear the sound, it reminds me of all those live news shows when I was a kid.

I just wish they'd hurry up and release the 407 and 530F.  But for now it's my only helicopter to use to visit Orbxland when I want to get up close and personal with their details.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon!  Yes sir, it sure is.

Awesome Jack, thanks for the info. I have some flight time on Hueys, as the Army was still flying them when I first joined. My very first unit was a LRS (Long Range Surveillance) detachment, and the aviation unit the flew all of our insertions and extractions still flew UH-1H Huey's. They definitely have a distinctive sound compared to other helicopters, and I've been in, around and on helicopters of all types throughout my 28 years in the military. My heart is happiest when flying in a helicopter at nap of the earth, hanging our the passenger door with the wind in my face. Nothing like it, and I first experienced that in the venerable Huey.:) I get all excited just thinking about it!

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Awesome Jack, thanks for the info. I have some flight time on Hueys, as the Army was still flying them when I first joined. My very first unit was a LRS (Long Range Surveillance) detachment, and the aviation unit the flew all of our insertions and extractions still flew UH-1H Huey's. They definitely have a distinctive sound compared to other helicopters, and I've been in, around and on helicopters of all types throughout my 28 years in the military. My heart is happiest when flying in a helicopter at nap of the earth, hanging our the passenger door with the wind in my face. Nothing like it, and I first experienced that in the venerable Huey.:) I get all excited just thinking about it!

Awesome, one of the few aircraft types I have not personally hand flown in real life.  Unfortunately I'm medically grounded so I'll never pilot again, very sad.  But to do what you do must be a huge adrenaline rush Landon!  I'd love it.  If you're looking for a chopper and you like Huey's, trust me, you will not regret buying this one.  And it's very easy to fly too.  It also comes with some cool features.

2 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

What do you say to such nifty stuff!

Thanks Erik!

Just now, BradB said:

Red hot smoking shots Jack , reminds of this catchy tune :

Thanks John!  It was Martyn who gave me the idea because he went there and someone asked if you could go to the bottoms so I had to find out.  It was cool!   Cool video and tune, never heard of them.  Reminds me of a VERY cool book I bought years ago called "Eyewitness To History".  It's all actual events like Pompeii described by the people at the time in their own words.  What they said about this volcano exploding was amazing.

Super set Jack and well done for landing on the volcano.

I was ready and waiting in Hong Kong for you to come out the other side but you never showed up.

Only one thing disappoints me and that is the fact that if you had a chopper with floats you could have landed in the cruise liners pool.

Now there is an idea for your next task.:)

Great mega flight and I enjoyed seeing what you were going to come up with next.

12 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Super set Jack and well done for landing on the volcano.

I was ready and waiting in Hong Kong for you to come out the other side but you never showed up.

Only one thing disappoints me and that is the fact that if you had a chopper with floats you could have landed in the cruise liners pool.

Now there is an idea for your next task.:)

Great mega flight and I enjoyed seeing what you were going to come up with next.

Thanks Martyn!  Great minds think alike.  I was thinking the same thing when I flew over that liner and I'm gonna do it too with the other helos I have in 3.4.

Working on a comic, my creativity has taken a back seat lately but I'm working on a couple of ideas.

Cheers, time for a glass of Merlot and some popcorn.  And lose myself in mindless YT's about history.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  Great minds think alike.  I was thinking the same thing when I flew over that liner and I'm gonna do it too with the other helos I have in 3.4.

Working on a comic, my creativity has taken a back seat lately but I'm working on a couple of ideas.

Cheers, time for a glass of Merlot and some popcorn.  And lose myself in mindless YT's about history.

Don't forget the Black Pigeon Jack, before we are all history.:unsure::ph34r::lol:

Oh my goodness Jack!  What can I say, but my jaw hit the floor when I saw this. What an adventure .... and the chopper wasn't a yellow one either :rolleyes:

The first few screenshots are some of the absolute best I have ever seen anywhere , ever .....!

You have outdone yourself on this one mate.:D

What are the rest of us mere mortals to do now? :o

Cheers

Renault

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Don't forget the Black Pigeon Jack, before we are all history.:unsure::ph34r::lol:

Agreed Martyn, the guy's good.  :ph34r:

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Excellent close up's shots of Mt Vesuvius Jack!! :)  I flew over her in 1963 in a Marine chopper, very impressive to say the least.

Thanks Adam, now that's one flight I would have loved to have been on.  Must have been spectacular.

6 hours ago, renault said:

Oh my goodness Jack!  What can I say, but my jaw hit the floor when I saw this. What an adventure .... and the chopper wasn't a yellow one either :rolleyes:

The first few screenshots are some of the absolute best I have ever seen anywhere , ever .....!

You have outdone yourself on this one mate.:D

What are the rest of us mere mortals to do now? :o

Cheers

Renault

Thanks Renault, gosh, I don't know what to say but thanks.   I only did the flying but Orbx did the rest.  As I type this I'm humbled.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Brilliant series Jack!   Some fantastic flying going on there! :), I think that you are the helicopter 'King' in this forum. 

Thanks Paul.  I love the helicopters for seeing Orbx stuff up close.  I'm sure there's some other guys better than me.  It took a long time to be able to do that.  Remember when Roger I think, not sure who, landed a helo on of the of landing pads of the cable cars in KPSP?  Now that's a real challenge, especially in winds.

1 hour ago, Magnum346 said:

It's a true colloscopy of the Vesuve! :D

Very nice shots!   Magnum

:lol:  Thanks Magnum!  What a unique way of looking at it! :lol:

Archived