Over Munich

bernd1151

I take off from a small airfield north of Munich, called Oberschleissheim and in order to explore the city low and slow, I chose a nice old Italian bi-plane, the Ansaldo, which was used in WWI mostly for reconnaissance. In order to blend in with the Bavarian surrounding, I gave it a Bavarian paint scheme

2017-10-5_0-33-38-357.jpg 

2017-10-5_0-34-46-204.jpg

In the distance you can see already Munich’s skyline and even further out the Alps

2017-10-5_0-34-52-580.jpg

Below you see the Olympic stadium and the TV tower and behind it the BMW headquarters. Hmmh...maybe my plane blends in too well ;)

2017-10-5_0-37-16-583.jpg

Let’s have a closer look at BMW

2017-10-5_0-38-32-620.jpg

Much more important is of course this huge open field, called the “Theresienwiese”. It is the home of the Octoberfest. To its right is the St. Paul church and even further to the right you can see Munich’s train station

2017-10-5_0-41-43-953.jpg

Another highlight of Munich is the “Deutsche Museum” or German museum, located right next to the Isar river. It was founded in 1903 and is today the world’s largest museum of science and technology

2017-10-5_0-42-36-49.jpg 

2017-10-5_0-44-21-15.jpg

2017-10-5_0-44-21-16.jpg

I do a low fly-by of the “Munich Cathedral”, which everybody in Munich calls the “Frauenkirche” or Lady Church

2017-10-5_0-44-21-18.jpg

The building with the blue roof is the town hall

2017-10-5_0-44-21-17.jpg

But now I am off to some quiet spot along the Isar river to enjoy a Weissbier together with some Weisswurst and Brezel

2017-10-5_0-44-47-921.jpg

Anyone wants to join me? :)

15 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent shots Bernd! Great clarity and you show of the POIs very well.:)

BTW, I like your aeroplane! 

Thanks Paul, I found the airplane by accident, it's freeware

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

These are some very picturesque captures Bernd.

Thanks a lot Sniper, I'm happy that you like them

12 hours ago, Crusher said:

Great set! Well Done

Many thanks Crusher

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd love to join you Bernd!  Amazing, this post is a keeper to give me guidance around Munich.  It sure helps when you live there.  And I'd love to have flown that plane in real life back then.  It does blend in really well too.

Oh yeah, that would be fun, Jack !! Make sure you come with your Corvette, we could have a blast on the autobahn from Munich south to the Alps :D

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Sensational shots Bernd , now all I need is a German lager to enjoy . :rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Thank you very much John

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for taking us on this wonderful tour of Munich as well as the very informative narration.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

You are very welcome my friend

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Oh wow, very nice Bernd! :)

Many thanks, Adam. I'm glad you enjoyed them

19 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Oh yeah, that would be fun, Jack !! Make sure you come with your Corvette, we could have a blast on the autobahn from Munich south to the Alps :D

I'd love that Bernd!  Gonna have it on the Atlanta autobahn today when I drive south to Macon to see the Warner Robbins air museum.  It's free and amazing.  Gonna take lots of photos.

3 hours ago, DunRingill said:

I can only find an fs2004 model when I google.

Yes, that's the one. If you download it from FlightSim, make sure you also get the fix. It works for FSX and in my P3D 3.4. I haven't installed v4 yet

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

I'll join you, Bernd! Great livery, magnificent light and nice low flight, topped by a good narration.

Did you try to turn back time one week for the Theresienwiese?

Thanks a lot, Gerold. No, I didn't want to turn back time. I have been there at least ten times, now I prefer the "Isar Auen" with friends like you at a somewhat more quiet pace :)

Archived