Some more freebies in P3Dv4

Adam Banks

It always amazes me how much talent there is out there - and how generously given. Here are some freeware "oldies" from various eras:

Fairey Barracuda - almost as beautiful [!] as the Fairey Battle:

barracuda_01_953_1350.jpg

Team KBT have updated their P-3 Orion - seen here over Whenuapai (NZWP):
kbt_orion_01_571_1350.jpg

kbt_orion_02_412_1350.jpg

Robert Richardson's Hunting-Percival Pembroke:

pembroke_01_209_1350.jpg

Robert Richardson's superb Supermarine Scimitar:
scimitar_01_408_1350.jpg

scimitar_02_454_1350.jpg

Another one from Robert Richardson- the De Havilland Sea Venom:
sea_venom_01_482_1350.jpg

sea_venom_02_341_1350.jpg

sea_venom_03_826_1350.jpg

The JBK Viscount over NZSI:
viscount_01_447_1350.jpg

viscount_02_724_1350.jpg

All these aircraft look great - and have good/working virtual cockpits/gauges etc.

Adam.

27 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Do these have the V4 installers or have you done it with your editing trick:huh:

I do have the Orion, NOAA version, with a v4 installer working but those others look beautiful in V4

It's my venerable D.I.Y. method B).

For the aircraft that come with their own installers (Rikoooo, KBT etc.) I point the installer at a temporary folder then copy the files over manually. I find this a lot safer than letting scripts from relatively unknown developers stomp all over my sim.

I must say, that Orion is a fine piece of work. Mind you - those RR ones put some payware to shame as well! I live a stone's throw from NZWP, so those Orions are a frequent (and welcome) sight - as are the C-130s (can't wait for a P3Dv4 version!).

Adam.

16 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I point the installer at a temporary folder then copy the files over manually. I find this a lot safer than letting scripts from relatively unknown developers stomp all over my sim.

My sentiments, exactly.  I remember 10 yrs ago having to re-install FSX after one add-on auto-installer made a mess of things. 

Which has me wondering,  can I install FSUIPC in the same way you mentioned, by pointing the installer to a temp folder ?  I don't know where all the FSUIPC contents will end up if I use the auto-installer,  and always wonder what will happen if I ever want to uninstall it, as it has no uninstaller.  I fully trust this product, but keep thinking ....  'what if' ?  

The reason I want FSUIPC is my latest freeware AC  ( FSDeveloper's MV-22B Osprey)  will not do vertical take-off - always rolls horizontally,  -  even with nacelles at 90 degrees (VTO mode). Developer says FSUIPC needed for  'proper function'   in FSX SP2 in the manual.  (?) 

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Do you know if this knowledge is already at summaries like http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5106-the-ultimate-p3d-v4-add-on-update-compatibility-list/ ?

That's a great list. Loolks like it's primarily for commercial add-ons (that have 100% compatible installers), but it wouldn't do any harm for me to post the info there, thanks.

3 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Which has me wondering,  can I install FSUIPC in the same way you mentioned, by pointing the installer to a temp folder ?  I don't know where all the FSUIPC contents will end up if I use the auto-installer,  and always wonder what will happen if I ever want to uninstall it, as it has no uninstaller.  I fully trust this product, but keep thinking ....  'what if' ?  

The reason I want FSUIPC is my latest freeware AC  ( FSDeveloper's MV-22B Osprey)  will not do vertical take-off - always rolls horizontally,  -  even with nacelles at 90 degrees (VTO mode). Developer says FSUIPC needed for  'proper function'   in FSX SP2 in the manual.  (?) 

I think the capability for P3D to process locations outside the root folder may be restricted to just aircraft and scenery (not sure). You could ask Pete Dowson in the FSUIPC forum - but I'd just put FSUIPC in its traditional place, to be honest. There's hardly a simmer that doesn't run FSUIPC and Pete's a clever guy: it'd be highly unlikly for FSUIPC to mess with core P3D functions. Looks like you're talking about FSX though <?> - which doesn't allow all this trickery anyway.

Adam.

On 9/27/2017 at 7:27 PM, Adam Banks said:

I think the capability for P3D to process locations outside the root folder may be restricted to just aircraft and scenery (not sure). You could ask Pete Dowson in the FSUIPC forum - but I'd just put FSUIPC in its traditional place, to be honest. There's hardly a simmer that doesn't run FSUIPC and Pete's a clever guy: it'd be highly unlikly for FSUIPC to mess with core P3D functions. Looks like you're talking about FSX though <?> - which doesn't allow all this trickery anyway.

Adam.

Thank-you, Adam.  I will inquire in FSUIPC forum to confirm. 

Noone at Avsim has concerns re FSUIPC installer, and everyone seems to ask - why would I want to uninstall FSUIPC anyway ?

BTW,  the MV-22 Osprey has a V4 update - which I missed  :(  - and this one functions without the need for FSUIPC, .... VTOL and all. :)

I think I will add FSUIPC regardless,  in the near future.

Archived