Portland bridges

Jack Sawyer

I didn't law so many freeware places were available so I had some fun this morning.  In this area I usually get low FPS and spikes,  none at all and very fluid in V4.  Thanks Orbx!

Departing KPDX

EoZLqSh.jpg

Heading to Portland

29zxyvW.jpg

cLcfsqd.jpg

I see what I wanna do now.

XIFnmEv.jpg

sQACQ0h.jpg

jPt5MI3.jpg

First one

84A3EwL.jpg

YHbQOOy.jpg

a1XeDWG.jpg

jOfvgVA.jpg

8mpLblk.jpg

8S806MB.jpg

kBV9aoS.jpg

2pIVWid.jpg

Just now, BradB said:

Jack you never met a bridge that you could not go under , even the city of Portland was no match for you . :o:rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

:lol:  Thanks John, am I odd?  Different?  Why do I do this?  Can't help myself I guess. ^_^

20 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Lots of great shots in Portland, Jack.. the freeware Portland Cityscape is full of items

Thanks Mike, it's beautiful, detailed, Orbx, and free!  What's not to like, they did a marvelous job on it.

20 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Yey! Planty uf ayction for ye Jack!

Thanks Erik.  You betcha!  I love doing stuff like this.

18 minutes ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

Stunning set. I love this paintjob.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Ebo, right off of MZ's site.

12 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of screen shots Jack and a great aircraft regards stewart

Tanks Stewart!  Glad you liked.

13 minutes ago, ruudmeij said:

Another fine set of shots Jack.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud, gotta have some fun ya know?

8 minutes ago, magic1 said:

Nice Shots! No worries Jack - who could resist flying under those bridges?

:D

Thanks Magic, really, who could?  Not me! :P

Every June they have the Rose Festival in Portland, and all the Navy ships make their way up the Columbia to dock right there at the pier -- which you have captured in a couple of your shots.  I think it is called Tom McCall park, not sure though.

7182432417_ce6c783528_b.jpg

In my younger years as a kid, before moving to SW Washington, I grew up in Oregon on the river downriver about an hour (due north of Vernonia, OR in fact), and I remember seeing those ships going by upriver (we lived up on a hill).   Great memories here, Jack, from my childhood, so for that, I cannot thank you enough.

1 minute ago, Ripcord said:

Every June they have the Rose Festival in Portland, and all the Navy ships make their way up the Columbia to dock right there at the pier -- which you have captured in a couple of your shots.  I think it is called Tom McCall park, not sure though.

In my younger years as a kid, before moving to SW Washington, I grew up in Oregon on the river downriver about an hour (due north of Vernonia, OR in fact), and I remember seeing those ships going by upriver (we lived up on a hill).   Great memories here, Jack, from my childhood, so for that, I cannot thank you enough.

Thanks Ripcord!  You're welcome and from the sounds of it Orbx did a bang up job recreating it.  I'll bet it's beautiful there on the river there.

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Pittsburgh is known as "The City of Bridges" with 446 of them, the most in the world, three more than Venice, Italy the former record holder. :)  Fantastic shots and flying Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!  Now that's something new on me.  I never kew that and I love learning new things.  That's one heck of a lot of bridges!

4 hours ago, mikee said:

Great shots :rolleyes:

Thanks again Mike!

3 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice stuff Jack!!  Get a Spitfire and try this!!

That would be cool Kev!

3 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great collection of bridges in all forms....and what a challenging super low flights you did...fantastic !!!

Thanks you kind sir!  It was fun and they really did a great job with the various bridges, I love it.

Living in the Portland area, you get a big thumbs up from me!!!  Looks like Pittsburgh may be in your flying future.  I would love to see that one.  Back in the 1980's, I visited Pittsburgh and loved that city ... not as much as Portland, but then I am kind of partial to the "City of Roses".

2 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Living in the Portland area, you get a big thumbs up from me!!!  Looks like Pittsburgh may be in your flying future.  I would love to see that one.  Back in the 1980's, I visited Pittsburgh and loved that city ... not as much as Portland, but then I am kind of partial to the "City of Roses".

Thanks PDX!  I think I'll try the bridges of Pittsburgh as I don't recall ever flying there in the sim.  Never been there for real either.

Archived