I was gonna land there!

Jack Sawyer

I did some test flights with Adam's PTA preset.  First few are around KATL, AS off.

Then I moved the plane to KORD and WAS going to do it, like I used to a long time ago, I was actually going to land the 747, empty, at Meigs but I forgot!  This is V4 and I don't have Meigs yet! 

I flew all that way and had to go back to O'Hare.

Towards the end I turned on AS and was pleasantly surprised with a nice thunderstorm.

No inverted, no yellow, sorry :(

dQ3ArpP.jpg

TcJzPmB.jpg

vm0z1S3.jpg

s4yx8U3.jpg

m7Ua1ke.jpg

9ATZYvZ.jpg

KTfZdEV.jpg

hm8Kzq3.jpg

am1pGfN.jpg

byDZ6DJ.jpg

FioN0Up.jpg

E1GLZSp.jpg

qBkOxG5.jpg

Z1rlauY.jpg

lHqXz42.jpg

0bVwsUJ.jpg

H4mrIdd.jpg

UjVqiuV.jpg

sJBXWFg.jpg

kqN23CH.jpg

All hand flown, no flight plan, nothing even put in the FMS.

2 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Hey Jack they knew you were coming with that huge bird and rolled up the runway. Lol:D

Quite possibly if they've ever flown with me.  :lol:  

And just think, the plane was full of upside down ceiling fans for delivery at Meigs. :D

41 minutes ago, fly37 said:

Super shots!

Thanks Gianni!

1 minute ago, lixfeldt said:

Glad you made it back safe Jack. Did you have enough fuel:unsure:  btw... Is that monster worth the 120 plus bucks:(

Thanks lixfeldt!  Plenty of fuel, and yes, it's absolutely worth it, to me at least because I've been waiting to fly this plane over Orbx terrain for a very long time.  Now that it's 64 bit, no OOM's.  If you like study level planes like I do then you will love this.  If you like low and slow and enjoying Orbx's scenery and aren't comfortable with learning all this then I'd say think about it.

Great post, enjoyed the shots!

And yes, it's worth the price... I even fly it often low and slow haha.  I enjoy freight routes more than the passenger routes.  Awesome plane, and in P3Dv4 it's butter with Orbx stuff.  Very pleased!

11 hours ago, be77solo said:

Great post, enjoyed the shots!

And yes, it's worth the price... I even fly it often low and slow haha.  I enjoy freight routes more than the passenger routes.  Awesome plane, and in P3Dv4 it's butter with Orbx stuff.  Very pleased!

Thanks be770solo!  It is awesome and does fly super smooth over my Orbx regions in V4, thank goodness it's finally arrived!

11 hours ago, magic1 said:

Nice shots!

Thank you Magic kind sir!

10 hours ago, BradB said:

And hear I thought you were going to land in the "Park" . Well at least you nursed the Queen into Ohare Jack . :o:P:lol:

Cheers

John

:lol:  Only if I was inverted John! :D  Nah, I wanna fly this thing right and proper from now on, I had my fun with the Queen going inverted but I "may" do it occasionally.  I'm just trying to study as much of it as I can, it can be intimidating.  Imagine my surprise when I forgot I don't have Meigs in V4.  I was like, oh man, oh well, back to KORD.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack.

Some wonderful urban scenery and the 744 looks a treat but far too difficult for this black duck.

Thanks Martyn!  Yes, the scenery is the Orbx Global and N/A/ LC.  But the 747 isn't too hard, follow the tutorial and learn it, I think that's why they call it a "study level" plane and believe me it is.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots once again Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing shots these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

6 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Great shots Jack.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud, I appreciate it.

Hi Bernd, thanks.  The plane will only give me warnings in this mode if I try to take off with flaps lower than 10.

Otherwise it's like jumping into a 182 and flying.   I like flying this thing like a 182 between learning it.

14 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

No flight plan - nothing in the FMS!!  The International Society of Tubeliner Pilots is shredding your credentials as we speak.

:lol:  I don't see how OnD, they gave me special dispensation. :)

Archived