Angelfish at Pelican

That last one is just too much Jack! :lol:

Odd that the running lights are on during what appears to be the day. I just checked the .mdl file; the attached lights should only be on dawn, dusk and at night. Have you figured out a way to turn them on and off? (I suppose I could put the lights in the aircraft.cfg so the skipper can control them.)

14 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

That last one is just too much Jack! :lol:

Odd that the running lights are on during what appears to be the day. I just checked the .mdl file; the attached lights should only be on dawn, dusk and at night. Have you figured out a way to turn them on and off? (I suppose I could put the lights in the aircraft.cfg so the skipper can control them.)

Hi Larry!  Thanks!  I never considered the lights.  I grew up on the ocean in Boston and if I remember correctly we had to have all our lights on all the time or we'd get a ticket from the Coast Guard.

Is it different in the PNW?

3 minutes ago, JimNZ said:

Jack, this contains not only beaut pictures but a beaut sense of humor.  Great stuff.

JimNZ

:lol:  Thanks Jim!  I appreciate it.  You're right, with Iain's settings and Larry's cool little boat you can't go wrong!  And it's free to boot.  I just had to do it as I couldn't get it inverted! :D

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! :D Did it fly! ;)

Sadly, no.  I tried though Paul!  I even slewed it way up and then tried to "fly" it because I wanted an inverted shot but it's too stable as a boat.  It has the aerodynamic capabilities of a B-52, sans engines.  But it sure floats and gets around really well, I love this thing!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

4 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

HAHAHAAAaaaa lovely topic with a lot of humour !

do you try a take off  ? 

just one kind, the name on the boat ?

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I did try to take off but it just sat there with the engine running full speed.  I guess it's a good thing as it is a boat and a fine one it is too.

1 hour ago, Taph said:

Mellow yellow :D ran out of paint

MellowYellow.jpg

Taph, this is sweet, I'll take one!  Unfortunately where I live the nearest ocean is more than a hundred miles away.  Nice yellow though, I love it!

48 minutes ago, Neptune6 said:

Take care fresh painting :D

Patrick

Did Taph use latex or oil?  Is it barnacle safe?

26 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sadly, no.  I tried though Paul!  I even slewed it way up and then tried to "fly" it because I wanted an inverted shot but it's too stable as a boat.  It has the aerodynamic capabilities of a B-52, sans engines.  But it sure floats and gets around really well, I love this thing!

It looks great Jack! :). Maybe we need to create a new airfile and cfg for a flying boat! :D

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots, even the first one caught me. But then comes a fantastic way to show sea scenery.

Re the last shot: Have a good flight, mate.

Thanks Gerold!  Larry's work is terrific isn't it?  As for flying this, well, I'd need some pretty big engines and some wings.  But if a GeeBee can fly, anything can fly. :)

Tugboat Annie sails again!

Thanks Jack and all the other commenters. I am laughing too much to type.

I was fully expecting to see it doing a barrel roll after the shot on the runway.

WHat in interesting boat though, well shown off Jack.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Tugboat Annie sails again!

Thanks Jack and all the other commenters. I am laughing too much to type.

I was fully expecting to see it doing a barrel roll after the shot on the runway.

WHat in interesting boat though, well shown off Jack.

LOL!!!  Thanks Martyn, I'm glad you got a good laugh.  Believe me, if I could have I would have.  After I slewed it up to 3000 feet and let it go, it just tumbled to the ground, I would have snapped one if it was inverted but it never did it.  But enough of my silliness, it's a wonderful boat, I look forward to a trip around Catalina in it.

I just had a very late lunch, in front of my PC. And looking at your wonderful screenies, Larry's lovely little boat and all the comments kept me perfectly entertained throughout lunch. Thank you Jack

4 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I just had a very late lunch, in front of my PC. And looking at your wonderful screenies, Larry's lovely little boat and all the comments kept me perfectly entertained throughout lunch. Thank you Jack

Thanks Bernd!  Thanks for your very kind words.  Everyone's comments all add up to a great deal of fun here.  I really love it when we all have a good laugh.  Larry's little Angelfish is terrific piece of work.  I don't know of any other scenery developer giving us a boat with their scenery so this is a cool little gem!

Archived