T-6 at Meigs

Jack Sawyer

A2A's T-6, just bought it.

Orbx Global, Meigs, N/A LC, Trees, AS16 on after first shot, & UTL for AI traffic.

Tested it to O'hare and this thing needs a proper joystick, it's hard to fly with a Saitek yoke but not bad for a first flight, I didn't even ground loop!

PVxytKt.jpg

ngbl16R.jpg

LFoD8P2.jpg

4UNORhG.jpg

Zpi5wAF.jpg

evn6ttL.jpg

R81XEda.jpg

RTeBg3H.jpg

8UDUW1Y.jpg

AkKG1m5.jpg

tj9nppz.jpg

6Mib5gs.jpg

gtJFdtg.jpg

rnj2F1l.jpg

Wf1Sh59.jpg

kfBOVQq.jpg

Annnnnnnnddddd, I couldn't resist fellas!  :D

nkMSv9n.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

A2A's T-6, just bought it. Tested it to O'hare and this thing needs a proper joystick, it's hard to fly with a Saitek yoke but not bad for a first flight, I didn't even ground loop!

W-H-A-T??? You only just bought it??? How could you have held out for so long? One of the best sim aircraft *ever*!!! I also watched Froogle's video (that Ken just linked to). High praise, from someone that's reviewed pretty well everything that's decent!

Now - seeing as "little yellow planes" are your thing too, you'll need to get this:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5710-a2a-t-6-texan-harvard-iii-nz1078/

a2a_1078_06_800.jpg.b6801c464afdd12d4736

This video is worth watching too:

Adam.

12 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

W-H-A-T??? You only just bought it??? How could you have held out for so long? One of the best sim aircraft *ever*!!! I also watched Froogle's video (that Ken just linked to). High praise, from someone that's reviewed pretty well everything that's decent!

Yup, was a little sore at them because of certain things but after watching Froogle late last night I bought it and installed it this morning.  Great plane.  And thanks for the freeware but no more for me.  I'm a fool for planes lately, have too many and too many stresses me out. :blink:

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

Outstanding shots Jack , hopefully with P3Dv4 the water will improve . :rolleyes::unsure::)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, what do you not like about the water? 

4 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

You're always after the best screenshot results Jack!

Thanks Erik, Iain is my inspiration.

Adam, now I gotta watch that video in a little while.  Have ten things going at once.  Yikes!

And, can you tell me exactly what I should do to tweak PTA as even with going from 0.65 to higher it's still kind if dark with clouds.  Or should I try a different sky in REX?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yup, was a little sore at them because of certain things but after watching Froogle late last night I bought it and installed it this morning.  Great plane.  And thanks for the freeware but no more for me.  I'm a fool for planes lately, have too many and too many stresses me out. :blink:

Thanks John, what do you not like about the water? 

Thanks Erik, Iain is my inspiration.

Hey Jack , just my opinion but I got better results with FSX . No your water looked just fine for what P3D does .

John

You won't regret that one Jack.  I was a fairly late adopter, wondering if it would get enough use.  'Yes' is the simple answer!

Thanks for the training link Adam.  I can see I've been doing it wrong!  Need to watch it again.  Might have to go a do some laps this weekend.

10 hours ago, BradB said:

Hey Jack , just my opinion but I got better results with FSX . No your water looked just fine for what P3D does .

John

Thanks John, I think the water changes color depending on the sky set from REX and if it's overcast or sunny.  I liked the greenish hue in FSX when I used to run FSX.

10 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Great shots Jack, and you certainly will have your hands full with an A2A product. Top quality material!

Thanks Francois, I have a lot of their planes and I think they're the best quality out there bar none.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Super shots of your new toy Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, I should be flying this beauty a lot hopefully.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Ian.

3 hours ago, Mickel said:

You won't regret that one Jack.  I was a fairly late adopter, wondering if it would get enough use.  'Yes' is the simple answer!

Thanks for the training link Adam.  I can see I've been doing it wrong!  Need to watch it again.  Might have to go a do some laps this weekend.

Thanks Mickel, I was on the fence for a very long time with this one, did I really need another tail dragger?  Then I saw the Froogle video, and he had his at Orbx's Meigs, so I said I want to do the same.  Yeah, when I watched that video they make it look easy, way back in 1953 they really knew how to make three point landings.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful series of caps Jack.

I have had this plane since day1 and it is one of the best out there.

Thanks Martyn!  I was gonna give you a like but I keep getting a box that says only 50 per day are allowed, yet I know I haven't even come close to this.  Sometimes it'll let me other times it won't despite the box.  Very odd.

2 hours ago, jury42 said:

Indeed wonderful set!

Thank you Jury, glad you liked them.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I was gonna give you a like but I keep getting a box that says only 50 per day are allowed, yet I know I haven't even come close to this.  Sometimes it'll let me other times it won't despite the box.  Very odd.

I did not realise that Jack. It has happened to me a couple of times but when I have a second go I am able to leave the like!

Archived