109 over Orcas

paulb

Just a few shots of a Messerschmitt 109 over KORS Orcas Island..............

I enjoyed flying this aeroplane back in FS2002 (in particular).

Anyway, I though that I would get this one out again and fly from one of my favourite airports. :)

StJMuLp.jpg

x1Jl66Q.jpg

7lSVG5R.jpg

t6gxrSu.jpg

m6gRiyE.jpg

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots Paul and a mighty fine plane too, if I am allowed to say that as a German ;) 

I just flew her the other day over the Swiss Alps. Luckily nobody shot me down 

Thanks Bernd! :) It is really nice to fly.

55 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots Paul!  And I love this plane.  And, I love KORS!

Cheers Jack! :) Yep, it is a nice plane and KORS is a place that I keep returning to!

7 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

These shots remind me that the 109 is on my to-buy list.  Great shots.

Thank you PDX! :)

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Super shots Paul !! .

Cheers

John

Cheers John! :)

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking shots Paul! :)

Thanks Adam! :)

Another great Warbird from back in the day.  I always liked the 109, it seemed to be quite the challenge in A2A combat and then the development of the ME-262 really changed things quite a bit.  I watched a documentary on the P-51 pilots back in those days going against the 2 birds mentioned and it was quite the story being told.

Here is a link to one of the videos.  I have started it right where the guy is talking about the dogfight.  It's about 16 min long but well worth the watch, trust me!

Absolutely well worth the watch, Sammy. Thanks for sharing. I think it will be difficult to find out, who the German pilot in the 109 with the long yellow nose was and whether he had made it safely back to terra firma. Many of those guys, who survived the war, met with their former adversaries and became friends

Yeah, truly some great stories to listen to.  I'm always tuned in when I see documentary like this one....sometimes I will just go on a Youtube rampage for stuff like this.  That P-51 pilot was something special though, what a move!

3 hours ago, Sammy H said:

sometimes I will just go on a Youtube rampage for stuff like this.

I fully understand this. After I had read the book by William Manchester "The American Caesar" I got hooked on anything that related to Douglas McArthur. And there is plenty of stuff on youtube covering his return to Leyte and things like that. I have lived in Taiwan, Singapore and the Philippines for over twenty years, so I just love to watch documentaries like this

Archived