Heffalumps, not woozels

Jack Sawyer

Next, I found the elusive elephants at the San Diego zoo.  Despite me setting animal animation on I didn't see them walking.  Do I need to change a setting in P3D?

I do have some animation in the sim because I see boids flyin' around all the time.

There's me.

iYEqGDO.jpg

I'm way down below

kKgDAj3.jpg

Let's go for a helicopter safari

vFEs78h.jpg

Wish I knew what that building is

MZXYOWB.jpg

tY4kKah.jpg

I never would have found it without that free FltPlan Go 

1f5YtWg.jpg

FU3bMG0.jpg

8eVlNPa.jpg

pDHn5wN.jpg

Heffalumps!

BLtt77E.jpg

What are those odd white shapes floating above them?

hcXHcJ2.jpg

RCWxNdt.jpg

No hunting today, just looking.  No need to kill any, there's so few left in the world.

7hvW8UL.jpg

Well done Matteo!

Great flight of discovery Jack.

The elephants do look good don't they.

Is that some misplaced water above the pachyderms?

No doubt it will be sorted in a patch along with some hard decks for carrier landings!

You just jogged my memory Jack, I knew Heffalumps were from A.A.Milne's Winnie the Pooh but I had forgotten about the Woozles.

More of a Tigger fan myself!

Been a very long time since I read these books, in fact, when I was very young

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

You just jogged my memory Jack, I knew Heffalumps were from A.A.Milne's Winnie the Pooh but I had forgotten about the Woozles.

:lol: Cool!  I loved Eyeore 

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What are those odd white shapes floating above them?

Am I allowed to suggest clouds of Heffalump f*rts? After all, they are veggies and they're big fellas so the gas output must be considerable. Great set of shots, and a nice reminder of the Zoo. We had a great holiday out there once (flew in to KSAN via Houston, spent a week in SD then drove via Palm Springs and 29 Palms to Tucson) and I really enjoyed all those places so it is great to see them in the sim (although it'd be nice to have a Tucson cityscape to play in as well)

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

7 hours ago, paulb said:

That's a good find Jack! :) They look amazing!

Thanks Paul, it was fun having a little helicopter safari.

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Am I allowed to suggest clouds of Heffalump f*rts? After all, they are veggies and they're big fellas so the gas output must be considerable. Great set of shots, and a nice reminder of the Zoo. We had a great holiday out there once (flew in to KSAN via Houston, spent a week in SD then drove via Palm Springs and 29 Palms to Tucson) and I really enjoyed all those places so it is great to see them in the sim (although it'd be nice to have a Tucson cityscape to play in as well)

Thanks Andy.  Gas?  I could see that, giant clouds of methane.  Good thing they didn't eat pickled deviled eggs, boiled cabbage and a bottle of Guinness Stout!

Sounds like you had a cool trip, I would love to of what you did!

4 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Great set

Thank you kind sir!

13 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Neat exploration! Surely some interesting photo opportunities.

+1, Jack has done a great city tour here.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank for teaching me this english cultural stuff, never heard of it before.

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

+1, Jack has done a great city tour here.

Thank for teaching me this english cultural stuff, never heard of it before.

Thanks Gerold!  Yeah, that was from Winnie The Pooh, a beloved story for kids of all ages.  The video is fantastic.  He mispronounces elephants and weasels in a dream sequence he has.  Good stuff.

Great tour, Jack. As to that building you were referring to, as long as my memory isn't cheating on me, it's part of the Balboa Park. Not far from it they have in one of the basements a huge HO-size toy-train display. Everytime i went to SD I made sure to go visiting the guys who build it. I think they still work on it today

58 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great tour, Jack. As to that building you were referring to, as long as my memory isn't cheating on me, it's part of the Balboa Park. Not far from it they have in one of the basements a huge HO-size toy-train display. Everytime i went to SD I made sure to go visiting the guys who build it. I think they still work on it today

Thanks Bernd.  I would love to see that HO set.  I was into it for a while but had o sell it all because of a major financial problem.  Made me very sad and disappointed because it was so much fun.

4 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Wonderful pics Jack, make sure your heli doesn't get smashed by momma elephant next time :)

Thanks Sammy.  I imagine an elephant would do a lot of damage to a helicopter that weighs less than half as much.

Archived