FTX,FSX, OZx and Ant

VH-KDK

Yesterday I reinstalled FSX along with the OZx and Ant's Airports.

Also my A2A C172 and PA-28 which I can only use in FSX

I did also start installing a few ORBX airports.

So here are a few test flights I did as I was installing the numerous OZx airport packs.

6.ol6.jpg

YWYY Wynyard but the airport buildings are missing:o:ph34r:

7.ol7.jpg

YWRN Warren, so much going on here looks like a flight in a chopper is needed.

8.ol8.jpg

YWYY again but the buildings have appeared. Looks like I forgot to update the libraries the first time around.

9.ol9.jpg

YCWR Cowra, love the A2A Cherokee.

1.ol1.jpg

YTMU Tumut.

2.ol2.jpg

Hamilton Island in the default Goose.

5.ol5.jpg

YNRC Naracoorte and the default Cessna 172.

3.ol3.jpg

YNTN Normanton.

4.ol4.jpg

Another one from Normanton.

11.ol11.jpg

The beautiful Britannia taking off from Darwin at dawn.

10.ol10.jpg

Flying the default Jet Ranger from YBAS at Braitling.

Highly enjoyable flying around Australia with the OZx and Ant's airports not forgetting the ORBX ones too!

All depends what you like but I didn't find the default planes too bad. I have never flown the three before, only the airliners.

Nice shots Martyn, and a great collection of aircraft and scenery.  It has been a while since I visited many of the Aussie airfields myself.  A few newies have been released at OzX recently.  There are a lot of airfields to test out between all these developers.

Cheers,

A quick tour around the continent, with quite varying destinations. Do you remember your first encounter with the Orbx and OZx airfields? Now, get us more of these pictures and make more memories!

10 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Thanks for the heads up on YWYY KDK, I've been searching for a descent YWYY and YPDO Devonport airport but to no avail. YPDO was ordinary regarding the Dash8 parking, but I'll load up YWYY and see how it scrubs up. Fingers crossed.

cheers

Gumby

Wynyard has been done by @Ken Hall, Gumby, and it is in some of the OZx packs 1-3. Be careful to have all libraries installed, and perhaps you need (like I did) also a kh_markings.ddl, to be found in the OZx forum.

Devonport indeed is still "Desertport", no additions yet. But perhaps you can go up, meet Ken and invite him for a cold one there, while you are taking RL pictures?

The new Devonport and Mt Isa from Oziex are great, Mt Isa has a big PR area included, And includes a couple of mines (my favorites). and Devonport, after the default for all these years finally has a great new look.. Teecee.

PS.. not sure this is released yet.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A quick tour around the continent, with quite varying destinations. Do you remember your first encounter with the Orbx and OZx airfields? Now, get us more of these pictures and make more memories!

Wynyard has been done by @Ken Hall, Gumby, and it is in some of the OZx packs 1-3. Be careful to have all libraries installed, and perhaps you need (like I did) also a kh_markings.ddl, to be found in the OZx forum.

Devonport indeed is still "Desertport", no additions yet. But perhaps you can go up, meet Ken and invite him for a cold one there, while you are taking RL pictures?

1 hour ago, teecee said:

The new Devonport and Mt Isa from Oziex are great, Mt Isa has a big PR area included, And includes a couple of mines (my favorites). and Devonport, after the default for all these years finally has a great new look.. Teecee.

Thanks for the info Guys.:)

cheers

Gumby

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, scottharmes6 said:

Nice shots Martyn, and a great collection of aircraft and scenery.  It has been a while since I visited many of the Aussie airfields myself.  A few newies have been released at OzX recently.  There are a lot of airfields to test out between all these developers.

Cheers,

Well when you think of the hundreds of FTX Global airports added to the OZx ones there is enough to keep us going for a long time.

We are so lucky.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, jury42 said:

Very nice set.

Cheers Jury.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, gumbypickett said:

Thanks for the heads up on YWYY KDK, I've been searching

for a descent YWYY and YPDO Devonport airport but to no avail.

YPDO was ordinary regarding the Dash8 parking, but I'll load up

YWYY and see how it scrubs up. Fingers crossed.

cheers

Gumby

Great Gumby, I am sure you will enjoy flying along this part of the coast dropping into the various ports of call.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Sensational series of shotz!

Thank you Erik.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:51 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots Martyn!  I especially liked the one with the train and the one with the Goose.  Looks like it's coming along nicely.

The scenery at Warren will make an interesting chopper flight. I was so surprised at the quality of the FSX default machines. The sound sets are better than some payware stuff I have brought.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, Stillwater said:

I remember reading about the Australian scenery and then being very disappointed when I only had FS9. Just a couple of weeks later the missus brought me FSX Deluxe, totally unprompted, at an air show we were at. Not long after my AU DVD came in the post and I have never looked back.

After having problems with Central 3 with FSX not showing up in the simulator window, today I will hurry up and install the AU airports now that it is fixed for the time being. So good to have Devonport too even though mine has a customised concrete runway!

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, teecee said:

Thanks for the info Teecee, you have made a few of us Tassophiles very happy.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, gumbypickett said:

Thanks for the info Guys.:)

cheers

Gumby

There we go Gumby, we learn so much from others on these forums. A goldmine of useful information.

19 hours ago, adambar said:

Your making FSX shine Martyn, keep plugging away! :)

Cheers Adam, there is life in the old FSX dog yet.

Thanks very much for the comments and the useful news too.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, BradB said:

Must be hot down under , I see you have lots of Sim Time inside where it's cool Martyn . I thought that OZx had P3D installer's now for all of there AU scenery's ?? .

Cheers

John

It's called retirement John. I have got too lazy, there is plenty to do outside in the cooler mornings.

I did try OZx in P3D a while ago but in a lot of places the buildings were just grey squares on the ground. Maybe I did something wrong as usual:lol:

Archived