Some more LOTR sceneries - around Wellington

Stillwater

Flying out of Paraparaumu you encounter many places where scenes for the Lord of the Rings were filmed; first one is the battlefields of the Pelennor (in the shadows behind)...

2016-12-28_14-22Pelennor.jpg

... followed by Rivendell, ...

2016-12-28_14-29Rivendell.jpg

... the gardens of Isengart ...

2016-12-28_14-32Isengart.jpg

... and the Anduin river.

2016-12-28_14-34Anduin.jpg
2016-12-28_14-36-59-104.jpg

Just a short hop over Lower Hutt ...

2016-12-28_14-39LowerHutt.jpg

... to Wellington CBD, ...

2016-12-28_14-42Wellington.jpg

... where the first attack of the Nine was filmed in a park.

2016-12-28_14-44TheNine.jpg

After a view back to the city ...

2016-12-28_14-44-55-2.jpg

... I just did a short round over Barrets Reef (must be a pleasure for sailors) into Wellington Intl.

2016-12-28_14-46BarettsReef.jpg

I am sorry I do not have NZL liveries for all my flight vehicles.

And I am sorry I did not find a "Lord-of-the-Rings-POI-pack for FTX" yet... I would be a fan for that ;)!

Fantastic shots of NZ Gerold.

Three times I have set off to fly around the coast of NI but I have never got very far with it, goodness knows why as it is such a spectacular place to fly.

No need to apologise about not having ZK planes, I have a Fijian Heron but I am damned well going to fly it wherever I like, same with my LH A310 the other day.

It is your sim, you do what you like with it.

Apologising about the LOTR POIs though is another matter!:o:huh::lol:

Looks like I did not get the memo about doing flights around the grand country of NZ . I purchased the rest of my AU airports during the Holiday Sale so more exploring for me there . Fantastic tour and shots my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

That is my backyard. Nice one

Edit: Not sure if you knew that in your 5th shot that is the location for Helm's Deep & Minas Tirith. They filmed it in the Quarry you can see next to State Highway 58 and State Highway 2. The Quarry is the dark grey texture going up the hill near the intersection of the highways

Once again thanks for your consideration & comments @Voyager, @RJ, @adambar and @Iain Emms!

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic shots of NZ Gerold.

Three times I have set off to fly around the coast of NI but I have never got very far with it, goodness knows why as it is such a spectacular place to fly.

No need to apologise about not having ZK planes, I have a Fijian Heron but I am damned well going to fly it wherever I like, same with my LH A310 the other day.

It is your sim, you do what you like with it.

Apologising about the LOTR POIs though is another matter!:o:huh::lol:

Well Martyn, perhaps you did not spend enogh time flying to get around NZL completely. You have to invest more!

16 hours ago, BradB said:

Looks like I did not get the memo about doing flights around the grand country of NZ . I purchased the rest of my AU airports during the Holiday Sale so more exploring for me there . Fantastic tour and shots my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Good news John, sure I look forward to your Aussie flight documentation. But take your time, your recovery is needed first!

7 hours ago, Guinea-Pig on Glideslope said:

Good shots, Sir. They are a pleasure to see. By the way, I love Lord of the rings.

A classical novel. An iconic movie series. And a fantastic advertisement for NZL.

11 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

That is my backyard. Nice one

Edit: Not sure if you knew that in your 5th shot that is the location for Helm's Deep & Minas Tirith. They filmed it in the Quarry you can see next to State Highway 58 and State Highway 2. The Quarry is the dark grey texture going up the hill near the intersection of the highways

Oh, I did not know that, Matt! I´ll have to add it to my Plan-G collection (though I spotted it this time already - by chance...)!

Man I love LOTR!  I have read the book several dozen time sin my life, watched all the movies several times, and watched the making of the movies a couple of times.  It just makes me want to pack up and catch a slow boat to NZ and settle down there.  From what I have seen of this Earth, my own personal opinion is this is the most beautiful country on Earth.

Awesome tour Gerold, loved it.

6 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Having never seen LOTR after seeing these shots and reading the comments I just may have to watch it someday soon!  Great series of pics.

To some people it is not just a book - others may find it boring. But at least some thing to consider whilst waiting for long & slow downloads ;).

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Man I love LOTR!  I have read the book several dozen time sin my life, watched all the movies several times, and watched the making of the movies a couple of times.  It just makes me want to pack up and catch a slow boat to NZ and settle down there.  From what I have seen of this Earth, my own personal opinion is this is the most beautiful country on Earth.

Awesome tour Gerold, loved it.

Thanks, Jack. I try to combine my first expedition with the locals hints & with the LOTR scenery. Let me see how long I can stand with this strategy before I get overwhelmed...

I did not know Lord of the Rings was filmed in that region. As for your liveries, nobody knows if you have just sold an helico in that country and you're waiting for the new registration...Great shots by the way, nice helico too!

16 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

I did not know Lord of the Rings was filmed in that region. As for your liveries, nobody knows if you have just sold an helico in that country and you're waiting for the new registration...Great shots by the way, nice helico too!

Actually LOTR was filmed on many locations around North & South island. There must have been many frequent-flyers in that movie team.

13 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Let us assume that for the sake of tax issues this helicopter has kept its home registration...

Excellsior set of shotz!

Thanks for your suggestion to consider the registrations as temporary. That will ease my choices before flying...!

Archived