Testing PTA at 7S3

Jack Sawyer

Finally had a chance to run the sim.  So I decided to try out Adam's new PTA preset, 20_06.  It looks nice, a little lighter than his other one I was using.  And I kind of liked the blue haze in the distance.  But still it's nice.  For some reason I see vertical spikes ONLY around 7S3 and it's a huge VAS hog.  I think it's the code of the original FSX.

But it was a nice little test.  Seems all I do is test. :o

REX sky colors per Adam too.

AS16 on and ASCA uninstalled and just the default P3D clouds.

Used Time Preview a lot in these shots.

Vakg89b.jpg

snuhuXt.jpg

YX4amfo.jpg

97X0KYj.jpg

HqS0hhk.jpg

nRXmT7t.jpg

WFqbsBz.jpg

pNWUkbF.jpg

oV1Q00h.jpg

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So I decided to try out Adam's new PTA preset, 20_06.  It looks nice, a little lighter than his other one I was using.  And I kind of liked the blue haze in the distance.

REX sky colors per Adam too.

AS16 on and ASCA uninstalled and just the default P3D clouds.

Have you tried my latest 20_07 preset yet?

I'm confused though - you say "AS16 on" and "default P3D clouds". If you have AS16 running, isn't it doing your clouds? Judging by your shots - they don't look like default P3D to me (ie. They're much better!!!).

All the same though - these are great pics - and very natural looking (but I would say that :lol::lol::lol:)!

Adam.

6 hours ago, Kasi31 said:

Beautiful set of shots!

Thanks again Kasi!

5 hours ago, RJ said:

Blue-chip images! :)

Thanks you RJ!

5 hours ago, mikewies said:

great collection of shots Jack... the work with the presets makes all the difference

Thanks Mike, Adam is the preset master.

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

Excellent set of colorful screenshots Jack.

I Liked them all.

Voyager

Thank you Voyager!

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

They all look great to me Jack.  We may have to refer to you as "Test Pilot" for a while!  :D

Thanks Roger!  Jack the test pilot, LOL!  Seems all I do.  

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent shots Jack.

Great scenery and skies.

Thanks Martyn!

57 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Have you tried my latest 20_07 preset yet?

I'm confused though - you say "AS16 on" and "default P3D clouds". If you have AS16 running, isn't it doing your clouds? Judging by your shots - they don't look like default P3D to me (ie. They're much better!!!).

All the same though - these are great pics - and very natural looking (but I would say that :lol::lol::lol:)!

Adam.

Haven't tried 07 yet Adam.  Didn't even know it was out.  As for clouds, I mean I uninstalled ASCA, I thought it was supposed to provide the textures.  I have REX Soft Clouds but don't use it for clouds so those are the clouds that come with P3D.  Thanks Adam, your work makes all the difference in the sim world!

49 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Those are smashing shotz with that nifty flyer! The hazy horizon looks brilliant for sure...

Thanks Erik!  I couldn't have done without Adam.

47 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Gorgeous shots!!!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

31 minutes ago, adambar said:

Super set there Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!

Jack - I've just updated my PTA page (http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA) - basically telling people the best way of getting notified about new presets of mine is to follow the main PTA thread on Avsim (http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/?view=getlastpost). I tend to announce new presets there.

Either that, or do a search on Avsim.

Adam.

7 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Jack - I've just updated my PTA page (http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA) - basically telling people the best way of getting notified about new presets of mine is to follow the main PTA thread on Avsim (http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/?view=getlastpost). I tend to announce new presets there.

Either that, or do a search on Avsim.

Adam.

Thanks Adam, I'll keep this post.  Gosh, I didn't know you were up to so many.  What about that red text error message I get with PTA 2.01 and not in 2.0?  So I'm sticking with 2.0 and as soon as I can i'll find your newest of the new presets.  My poor shaders folder!  :huh:

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Adam, I'll keep this post.  Gosh, I didn't know you were up to so many.  What about that red text error message I get with PTA 2.01 and not in 2.0?  So I'm sticking with 2.0 and as soon as I can i'll find your newest of the new presets.  My poor shaders folder!  :huh:

Possibly better taking this sort of stuff to Avsim (where Yuri can answer in person) - but off the top of my head - if you simply plonked the new 2.01 exe exactly where your working 2.0 version is (after backing up the 2.0 exe, of course) you shouldn't be seeing any difference. Either preset 20_06 or 20_07 should work fine with PTA 2.01.

Adam.

19 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Well JACK i'm glad to you , welldone

Nice work from adam

My REX textures are MAGNUM II in "themes" REX / autor

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I don't really want to use a theme as I have very specific things set up in REX but I would like to know what cloud set is in Magnum.  

Thanks

Jack

4 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

HI JACK the best CLOUDS  as i know :rolleyes:

All the set REX is MAgnum003        created by:  3/10/2016

SET01 ciro _ cumulus and SET 07 Cumulus

Patrick

Thank you Patrick, now I know what to choose, I appreciate you giving me the two sets I'll need.

Archived