Wildlife Patrol in Eureka

ryanbatc

Today I'm flying this amazing little freeware gem from Thomas, over at flightport.de (or you can find the plane at Sim outhouse).  It's a C206 stationair on amphib floats with a turbine engine.  I've actually seen this plane in action (without floats) when it visited Duluth a few years back.  Pretty interesting thing.  Anyway the sim version comes with multiple options (floats/no floats/tundra/skydive etc) and supports some popular third party avionics.  I have a GTN750 in mine.  Everyone should check it out because it's the perfect little plane for Orbx backcountry areas.

Untitled-1_60.jpg

Untitled-2_65.jpg

Untitled-3_64.jpg

Untitled-4_69.jpg

Untitled-6_56.jpg

Untitled-7_48.jpg

Untitled-8_49.jpg

Untitled-9_46.jpg

Untitled-10_40.jpg

Untitled-11_43.jpg

Untitled-12_34.jpg

Untitled-14_25.jpg

Untitled-15_24.jpg

Untitled-16_16.jpg

real.jpg

Excellent shots Gerold,  er I mean Ryan. You confused me there for a second with the great RL shot at the end.

Wonderful set of shots, some beautiful scenery.

Yes I have this plane and it is a ripper, I like the 5 bladed prop too although I have only tried the conventional wheeled version.

1 hour ago, Wakashi said:

Great screens, I think I may head over to the shop and "acquire" a C206 of my own, Thanks for the info.

+1

Duly nabbed and installed! Incredible how so much freeware these days is better than early payware!! Thanks for the heads-up, Ryan!

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

Duly nabbed and installed! Incredible how so much freeware these days is better than early payware!! Thanks for the heads-up, Ryan!

Grabbed mine and made a short night flight from KHQM to KTIW, only bad thing I found was the GTN750 was extremely bright while installed, normal light if undocked but left a black hole in the panel.  Any ideas how to tone it down a might?

In my P3D 3.4.9 the GNS530 and GNS430 have variable lighting (rheostat on each on/off switch) plus a global light boost that kicks in when you turn on the Radio Light panel knob. However - the "Glareshield" switch to the right of that one doesn't seem to do anything.

For a freeware offering, I think the VC (and exernal) lighting is superb!

Adam.

10 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Hmmm, I'm not seeing that on mine... but I'm  in P3D 3.4

All of your panel lights and cabin lights are off?

Thanks Ryan, after I restarted today and reinstalled (using the shift + 1 again) everything is working fine, Thanks again for the heads up on this plane :wub:

9 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

For a freeware offering, I think the VC (and exernal) lighting is superb!

Adam, I am certainly impressed by it, and now that the GTN is working properly I really like it.  You are right, for freeware it is superb!

On 10/24/2016 at 2:43 PM, VH-KDK said:

Excellent shots Gerold,  er I mean Ryan. You confused me there for a second with the great RL shot at the end.

Wonderful set of shots, some beautiful scenery.

Yes I have this plane and it is a ripper, I like the 5 bladed prop too although I have only tried the conventional wheeled version.

+1 - I did a double take on that last shot , that darn Gerold sure has set the bar high for the rest of us . :angry::lol:

Cheers

John

Archived