what is a Shih Tzu ??

stevehowe

9 hours ago, stevehowe said:

No..it's a Zoo without any animals.

steve

nothing to do with flightsim.but it tickled me

I don't think it hit home, I find it very funny but then, I am that way, hahaha.

A policeman is sitting by the side of the highway. Sipping on his coffee, he notices a open truck go speeding by with 100 penguins in the back.

The policeman gives chase, sirens wailing and lights flashing. The truck pulls over and the penguins peer on curiously. Approaching the cab of the truck, the driver looks back with a worried look on his face.

"Excuse me sir," says the policeman, "but are you aware you are carrying 100 penguins in the back of your truck?"

"Yes officer," replies the man, "I found them in the garden. I didn't know what to do with them, so I put them in the back of my truck."

"Well I suggest you take them to the zoo immediately!", says the policeman.

The drivers nods and they part ways, the penguins shooting off into the distance as the policeman looks on.

The following morning the police is sitting by the side of the highway. Suddenly, a truck shoots by with 100 penguins in the back.

The policeman is furious, and he gives chase again, sirens wailing and lights flashing.

The truck pulls over. The policeman gets out of his car, storms up to the driver and says an angrily, "I thought I told you to take those penguins to the zoo?!"

The man stares back blankly and says......

*Wait for it*

"Yes, and we had so much fun that today we are going to the cinema...."

Originally a small Tibetan temple guard dog, larger generic type know as the Lion dog scary versions on Chinese temples used in ancient chinese culture as a war dog . Protruding lower jaw, it doesn't molt, very friendly good with children, can live to about sixteen, have had them for over thirty years. Think the Zoo definition excellent!

20160429_120930.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Pope has one of a slight variation. It's called a Holy Shih-Tzu.

jsapair

OK, Let a Chinese answer your question. Shih Tzu  西施 other than the answer mentioned above has another answer. She is one of the Four Great Beauties.  Four ancient Chinese women, renowned for their beauty. In fact in our daily conversation  Shih Tzu  西施 means the ancient beauty, if I say you are looking like Shih Tzu, that means you are a beautiful girl, but when we mention the dog as shown above we say Shih Tzu dog 西施犬.

The Four Great Beauties lived in four different dynasties, each hundreds of years apart. In chronological order, they are:

• Xi Shi, also called Shih Tzu  西施 (c. 7th to 6th century BC, Spring and Autumn Period), said to be so entrancingly beautiful that fish would forget how to swim and sink below the surface when seeing her reflection in the water.
  • Wang Zhaojun (c. 1st century BC, Western Han Dynasty), said to be so beautiful that her appearance would entice birds in flight to fall from the sky.
  • Diaochan (c. 3rd century, Late Eastern Han/Three Kingdoms period), said to be so luminously lovely that the moon itself would shy away in embarrassment when compared to her face.   Unlike the other Beauties, there is no evidence she actually existed historically.
  • Yang Guifei (719–756, Tang Dynasty), said to have a face that puts all flowers to shame

You can visit this web site for more details. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Beauties

Cheers

23 hours ago, hkterry said:

if I say you are looking like Shih Tzu, that means you are a beautiful girl

Chinese must be the only language where a girl is pleased when you tell her she looks like sh.. :D

Thanks hkterry for the background.

Remko

Here is a Shih-Tzu (ours when he was just a couple of years old) with the long hair they are born with. A lot of people cut their hair short so they don't have to comb them often; we preferred to let his hair stay long. Just a beautiful dog, and had the personality to match (as most Shih-Tzu's do). They love little children, are very gentle and loving dogs, and most don't bark much at all. He lived to be fourteen before he became ill and we lost him; one of the worst days of our married life.

PA190001.JPG

Archived