We blockes, always children

farman

Prepar3D2016-02-1108-41-50-31.jpg

Prepar3D2016-02-1108-41-58-17.jpg

Prepar3D2016-02-1108-42-11-24.jpg

Prepar3D2016-02-1108-43-15-57.jpg

Prepar3D2016-02-1108-43-25-64.jpg

Prepar3D2016-02-1108-47-21-62.jpg

The FTX Full Monty at Eglin AFB. The stunning, so much desidered MilViz F-100D Super Sabre. This shark-mouthed magnificent plane, first of the Century Series, reminds me of my first important Revell plastic Kit (I'm 70 within few months!). I apologize for my romanticism

Ha ha, took a few seconds for the old brain to identify this fantastic plane.

What a great looker too.

The good old days when making plastic kits was the norm, now we can fly the same planes around with so much realism.

I had dozens of Airfix WW2 planes of all shapes and sizes in my room, can almost smell the Humbrol paint drying now.

32 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Ha ha, took a few seconds for the old brain to identify this fantastic plane.

What a great looker too.

The good old days when making plastic kits was the norm, now we can fly the same planes around with so much realism.

I had dozens of Airfix WW2 planes of all shapes and sizes in my room, can almost smell the Humbrol paint drying now.

If you could only see inside my garage. Stakes of Hasegawa, Monogram, Tamyia and so on 1:48th scale airplames model just ready to be built.

53 minutes ago, farman said:

If you could only see inside my garage. Stakes of Hasegawa, Monogram, Tamyia and so on 1:48th scale airplames model just ready to be built.

Just had a quick look at some of the Tamiya models on offer, what a fantastic range of WW2 aircraft and a lot in 1/48 too.

The last kit I made was over 30 years ago and I think my eye sight and fingers would not be up to it today which is a shame looking at what is on offer.

4 hours ago, farman said:

The FTX Full Monty at Eglin AFB. The stunning, so much desidered MilViz F-100D Super Sabre. This shark-mouthed magnificent plane, first of the Century Series, reminds me of my first important Revell plastic Kit (I'm 70 within few months!). I apologize for my romanticism

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I subscribe to a modeling magazine (aircraft and not girls) just for the fun of it and you can't imagine the level of details these guys are putting and the myriad of products that enhance the models even more. It's astonishing. FS is my hobby now and it's much cheaper. :)

11 minutes ago, RJ said:

I subscribe to a modeling magazine (aircraft and not girls) just for the fun of it and you can't imagine the level of details these guys are putting and the myriad of products that enhance the models even more. It's astonishing. FS is my hobby now and it's much cheaper. :)

:-)

5 hours ago, Mickel said:

Nice pics.  I trust that they've made a worthy virtual successor to the F-86.

(hope this isn't counted as advertising)

In my opinion Brian Alexson (odourboy if he hangs around here) did a better a job on the systems of this bird than I did on the F-86 :) . And it is his first project as a dev at Milviz.

3 hours ago, Bugdani said:

#1 and #3 are stuning !!!

BTW, my first plastic kit was the Airfix TBM Avenger but was not a winner  :lol:

...and mine was the Lindbergh PT-109. But very soon I switched to the airplanes, especially the post WWII jets. I still remember when I used to literally leak the window of a toys shop looking at a big scale Revell F-102 Delta Dagger (in that times there was only the box-scale, not yet the 1/72, 1/48 - my favourite one -; removable engine, movable surfaces and so on. After a lot of years I found and purchased it on eBay from the States. Just for the memory.

23 hours ago, RJ said:

LOL

That reminded me of an embarrassing moment at school when I had to stand up and tell the class what my hobby was.  I used to make model aircraft, and I just said my interest was "models", which got a laugh from most of my classmates.  It took a second, but I eventually corrected and told them I was talking about model aircraft.

Great set Fulvio (it is Fulvio right?)

A really nice jet which I have really been looking forward too also.

Cheers,

9 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

LOL

That reminded me of an embarrassing moment at school when I had to stand up and tell the class what my hobby was.  I used to make model aircraft, and I just said my interest was "models", which got a laugh from most of my classmates.  It took a second, but I eventually corrected and told them I was talking about model aircraft.

Cheers,

Yes, my name's Fulvio.

10 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

LOL

Cheers,

Must have been a long time ago Scott as today in this part of the world the hobbies appear to be drug and alcohol related.:lol:

Meant to comment on the title too. They talk about a second childhood as you get older, well I am still in the first one and enjoying it:D

Nice pics. I just built a Sopwith Camel model (1/72), and have a Huey (1/24) waiting for me. My first warbird was a Revell TBF  Avenger. In about 1959...

I'm still in my first childhood too, I refused to quit having fun.

LOL

Sue

On 12/2/2016 at 11:46 PM, Penzoil3 said:

Nice pics. I just built a Sopwith Camel model (1/72), and have a Huey (1/24) waiting for me. My first warbird was a Revell TBF  Avenger. In about 1959...

I'm still in my first childhood too, I refused to quit having fun.

LOL

Sue

Completely agree with you. We must always be children; surprised, amused... For some time I was tempted to buy the 1:12 Hasegawa Sopwith Camel; all built in metal, plastic and wooden parts; but too much expensive, at the time. The first plastic kits was presented to me in the late Fifyies by customers of my grandparents "trattoria" (Italian pub version) that used to sail to the States as sailors. I got even my first blue jeans, from this people.  

Archived