Orbx A-B-C in P3D v3.1?

jlund

I finally bought P3D v31 and FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX LC_eu and FTX Trees HD, FTX Orbxlibs 151213 and hoped it would be a piece of cake installing it, BUT as you can see in the picture, this was not what I was hoping to see.

I don't think I'm the only one who would like an ABC of how to install FTX products into v3.1. And YES I have also installed the latest Libraries update, AND I have read the guide on how ORBX is made up of "layers" and in which order they have to be installed, As mentioned, I Installed them in the order I mention them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it would be a shame just to have them lying on the " shelf " So where did I go wrong, or what's the right way to install them?

Jørn Lundtoft

Order nr: FSS0446232 .

Stauning1.jpg

Hi  Jør,

Did you have cycled, in FTX Central 2, between groups and pressed "apply"?

Did you made the adjustment of the "insertion points" as per the page # 13 of the "Global Orbx FTX openLC Europe Version
1.20 User Guide - September 2015"? If not, see how to do it:

FTX-OLCInsertionpoint18-11-2015.jpg

Did you run the auto-configuration function in the AEC tool tab in order to scan your installation and separate the
airports/airfields that do not require adjustments? If not, please, see it's how:

14-10-2015AECRunAutoConfiguration.jpg

Cheers,
Voyager

I have a clean install of P3d 3.1 so there were just default and the FTX sceneries, and then I suppose it's not nessecary to run the auto-config function? The same with insertion points, shouldn't they be where they're supposed to be when there's nothing else installed?

Just tried installing FlyTampas Corfu to see if that works, and no problems there.

I might try installing the FTX products again, and then take a look at the insertion points to see if they match up with your suggestions.

Hi,

If you start over, it's probably best to install one product at a time and then start the sim and check it out.  That way you should be able to narrow down any problems and it also good practice to not install more than two or three products at a time without running the sim and/or restarting your pc.  With products such as Open Landclass, Global Base and regions I would suggest installing and then checking one at a time.

Cheers,

I have tried your suggestions and 

1. Made sure FTX Libraries are at the top in the scenery libray

2. Put the insertion points below FlyTampa's Corfu, which is the only addon scenery I have installed yet.

3. Run the auto config tool in Vector and applied it.

But it still doesn't work. I have attached some pictures so you can take a look at my settings to see if anything's still wrong:

FTX Central 3.jpg

FTX Central 4.jpg

Scenery library 1.jpg

Scenery library 2.jpg

Stauning2.jpg

On 30-12-2015 at 8:27 PM, scottharmes6 said:

Hi,

If you start over, it's probably best to install one product at a time and then start the sim and check it out.  That way you should be able to narrow down any problems and it also good practice to not install more than two or three products at a time without running the sim and/or restarting your pc.  With products such as Open Landclass, Global Base and regions I would suggest installing and then checking one at a time.

Cheers,

Good advice, apart from restarting the computer between installs. That really isn't necessary.

16 hours ago, jlund said:

Come on guys, you must have some idea on what's going on?

Your scenery library order is not correct...OpenLC products tend to install themselves in the wrong order by default...

Your scenery library order should look like this....as per page 39 of the FTX Definitive Guide V2

3rd Party Scenery (Any scenery you wish to display above Orbx FTX scenery)
OZX Scenery (Freeware designed to fit with FTX Regional software)
FTX Full Regional Scenery & Airports
Tongass Fjords (Fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords Regions)
FTX OpenLC Scenery
Named Default Scenery Entries
FSGlobal 2010 Entries
FTX Global Vector Entries (OBJ, APT, CVX, EXX)
Numbered Default Scenery Entries
FTX Global Vector Entry (AEC)
"Default Scenery"
"Default Terrain"

Also check out the below link to repair your corrupted terrain.cfg....

Also continue doing what Voyager says in post #2

Double check that you have clicked and activated Europe in FTX Central.

I started a flight in Wales and ran into the checkerboard pattern, exactly like yours, and shut it down and found I still had NA activated.

Might be a simple matter of one click.

Metthos: It's there, but look a little different than yours:

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

Doogles: Sorry, but I can't spot where the error is, which entries do you mean I have to change around, could you maybe circle them in my pictures with arrows of where they should be, please?

And I feel I have followed and done what Voyager suggests, so what do I miss?

Also looked at Holgers post, and it says I should try overwriting the Terrain.cfg, with the original, but there's no original anywhere?

Carront: I only have FTX global installed, and that's the only one that is present in FTX Central 2, so I can't change to Europe.

Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to help me, I really hope we can get it sorted out together.

5 hours ago, jlund said:

Doogles: Sorry, but I can't spot where the error is, which entries do you mean I have to change around, could you maybe circle them in my pictures with arrows of where they should be, please?

And I feel I have followed and done what Voyager suggests, so what do I miss?

Also looked at Holgers post, and it says I should try overwriting the Terrain.cfg, with the original, but there's no original anywhere?

My apologies, your scenery order is correct, except I would move the FTXAA ORBXLIBS below you FlyTampa stuff, so they are just above your ORBX OPENLC....

Your lack of and/or corrupt Terrain.cfg file still needs to found or replaced and fixed. :)

Yes, I have tried moving the libs below FlyTampa entries, with no difference :-(  I'll wait a little longer to see if there's other suggestions, otherwise I'll try uninstalling The FTX addons and P3D and start from scratch again.

Hi,

not sure why you don't have that backup copy of the default terrain.cfg file in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work but I've attached one to this post. Follow the instructions in this post to re-set it: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Cheers, Holger

default_terrain-cfg.zip

The only place I found the Terrain.cfg was in  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and it was the same that you sent me, so is it possible that it haven't created a new one? Anyway, it didn't help overwriting it with the one you sent me, so for now I'm leaning more and more to uninstalling everything and start all over again. But thanks again for all the help everyone.

Jorn

Hi Jorn,

so you're saying that after placing that default version (148kB in size) of terrain.cfg into C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 , and then running FTX Central and pressing Apply Group with Europe selected, that the terrain.cfg file hasn't changed in size or date? If so then you may have a file access permission issue or some hyperactive antivirus program preventing the active terrain.cfg to be altered. That probably wouldn't change with a new installation either so you'd want to track down the cause of it first.

Cheers, Holger 

I see you mention "apply group with Europe selected", well that's a problem since I only have Global showing under groups, Well this is really embarrasing.........it seemed that I hadn't applied Global, so it was active. I tried doing that an VOILA!!! everything seems to be working. I'm so sorry for having made such a big thing out of "nothing" so once again a BIG thank you for having the patience to help me anyway.

Thanks and best wishes

Jørn Lundtoft.

38 minutes ago, jlund said:

The only place I found the Terrain.cfg was in  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and it was the same that you sent me, so is it possible that it haven't created a new one? Anyway, it didn't help overwriting it with the one you sent me, so for now I'm leaning more and more to uninstalling everything and start all over again. But thanks again for all the help everyone.

Jorn

I only have P3d2.4 installed, but i assume the folder structure is the same in p3d3. My OS is Win7.

I do not have a terrain.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2. In this folder there is "only" a scenery.cfg

I have searched my entire system and I have found only one terrain.cfg and this is in the root folder of P3dv2, i.e. the folder where also Prepar3d.exe is located.

Edit: Just saw, you have solved your problem, Jorn. Congrats and have fun simming!

Archived